Have you ever been in insurance limbo, waiting weeks for your claim to be resolved, wondering if your insurance will cover you in your time of need? We have too. But that's all about to change...
At Sprout.ai, we're challenging the insurance status quo with our rapid claims automation and advanced fraud detection, all using our groundbreaking AI. Our mission is to provide peace of mind to customers when they need it the most, by giving insurers the power to settle claims in under 24 hours, quickly, securely, and with total confidence.
Our Contextual AI harnesses data from an array of sources, and utilises our own proprietary machine learning technology to enrich the data and output a recommendation in a matter of minutes. The result lower costs for insurers and superior service for customers, giving you reassurance when you need it most.
Founded in 2018, our solutions are already being used by some of the world's biggest insurers, including Zurich, MetLife and Generali, and we have backing from some of Europe's leading VCs (Amadeus Capital Partners, Playfair Capital, Techstars).
But this is just the beginning, and we want you to be part of the growth story, from seed to Sprout!
We're building a dedicated DevOps practice at Sprout.ai and we're looking for our first hire to set the tone for this team. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, we want you to take a lead in how the DevOps team scales in the future and have full ownership of the function. You will have significant scope to operate as you see fit, with influence over tooling, practices and architecture. In time, we see this person growing into a leader within the business, with the ability to build a team and progress as either an individual contributor or manager.
We've built a small but highly-productive team of problem solvers, tech enthusiasts, keen learners and collaborators. We value ambition, curiosity, diversity, and a team-first approach, with no room for egos. We operate an incredibly flat structure and you will work closely with everyone from Founders to ICs, in an environment that offers accelerated opportunities for learning and growth.Responsibilities
- Shape the DevOps function at Sprout.ai - you'll have a good understanding of what best practice looks like in the world of DevOps, and lead us on a journey to that point. We'll let you choose whatever tools and technologies you think are best for the job.
- Evangelise Infrastructure-as-Code - you'll be a key part of driving an 'everything-as-code' approach, helping us create automatable and scalable infrastructure to support our growing product offering.
- Secure everything - a big ask for one person, but security is top priority for us and our customers. Help us to get this right from the very beginning, and foster a 'security-first' mindset within the tech team.
- Build out our Kubernetes setup - we're aiming to build numerous secure single tenant clusters delivering real time processing with machine learning models. We want to manage this with centralised monitoring. You can bring your previous experience in having done this, and help us build for scale.
- Be a key player in design discussions - leverage your problem solving skills to design creative and scalable solutions to some of our most challenging infrastructure requirements, and help educate others in good design practices.
- Be an Agile influencer - help champion Agile methodologies within the organisation, and build a culture of collaboration, short feedback loops, failing fast, and customer focus.
- Experience managing Kubernetes clusters in production using Flux and Helm
- Experience setting up end-to-end automated pipelines in GitHub or GitLab
- Deep knowledge of Terraform for Infrastructure-as-Code
- Operational experience of cloud infrastructure (AWS or similar)
- Experience managing multi-account cloud patterns
- A security mindset and knowledge of privileged access management, vulnerability management, secure remote access, secrets management and access control etc
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
Proven experience in a DevOps/Infrastructure roleStrong architecture and design skills - the ability to lead and contribute to design discussions and propose solutions to complex design problems - preferably a cloud certificationAgile Evangelist - understand the merits and limitations of Agile methodologies, champion them across the business, and help establish an agile culture at Sprout.Startup mindset - we move quickly, we like to get things done and we like building for scale; we have huge ambitions but the journey ahead of us to get to that point may not always be smoothBenefits
- Competitive Salary
- Sprout.ai Equity
- Unlimited Holiday
- Your choice of equipment
- Remote and flexible working
- A dynamic and collaborative working culture
- All the excitement of a high-growth startup, and the opportunity to shape something from the beginning!