Our IT team are vital to our business in many ways.
Not only do they assist their colleagues across the business by supporting and enabling everything from desktop computers and networking to managing infrastructure, they also take care of cyber security and develop applications.
How they do all that is just as important: our IT teams provide services that are bespoke, cost-effective, secure and reliable. They also look ahead to see how IT can help the business to implement strategy and be an enabler for both efficiency and success.
The IT team offers a wide variety of roles and opportunities to work at the forefront of technology using the very latest toolsets. In return, their development is supported and they're encouraged and enabled to maintain their evolving knowledge in line with innovation.
If this is your opportunity to join us, you'll find we offer a supportive, rewarding and friendly working environment where you'll be empowered to build a career. Along the way, you'll be invested in, be enabled by the latest technology and find that we're always interested in evolving our systems and processes so that we get even better, every day.
You will enjoy a package of benefits designed to reward your hard work and incentivise your ambition. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, company pension scheme, protective clothing where required, an Employee Assistance Programme and a managed back care programme.
Western Power Distribution is an equal opportunities employer, a Disability level 1 Employer and a corporate signatory of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) programme. Our desire is to bring in more employees from diverse backgrounds to build further on our inclusive culture. We value and celebrate individual difference and we believe that an inclusive culture will help the business grow as a positive, strong and innovative company.Job Introduction
An opportunity has arisen for a Risk & Policy Analyst based in Exeter. In this role you will be working within the Cyber Security team, assisting in all areas of risk and policy management
* Please note the successful candidate may be appointed to a lower salary initially, until all relevant training is completed or experience gained.
The Ideal Candidate
- Policy and procedure creation and maintenance
- Assessment, documenting and tracking of cyber security risks
- Liaise on a regular basis with teams in IR and with other WPD departments (such as WPD Telecoms and WPD DSO), in relation to Cyber security work program tracking
- Maintain and be responsible for the Cyber Security Risk Register
- Assist in highlighting bottlenecks and early identification of project hold-ups that could affect agreed deadlines
- Assist in the development, collection and delivery of Cyber Security risk metrics/KPIs
- Have an understanding of WPD's business needs and company objectives
- Other technical cyber security implementation and support as required
The successful candidate will have knowledge of Cyber Security risk frameworks and Cyber Security controls.
You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as good planning and time management, strong organisational and documentation skills and an awareness of emerging technologies, threats and standards.
It would be beneficial if you held the following skills, however these are not essential:
- Technical IT experience
- Experience of tracking work programs and timelines
- Awareness of cyber security standards, frameworks and regulations (e.g. NIS Directive, ISO27001, NIST)
- Any Cyber Security or risk, audit and compliance qualifications and training
For further information regarding the role or a job summary please contact email@example.com