CML Microcircuits is seeking an experienced Quality/Reliability Engineer who will ensure the timely release and high quality of packaged products/technologies to meet customer requirements for its evolving communications semiconductor portfolio.Essential Functions / Key Focus Areas
- Define and execute qualification plans for new products, packaging technology platforms, assembly processes, bill of material changes, and supplier qualifications as required.
- Actively participate in new product development activities; includes providing feedback to Design Engineers and Program Managers to identify and resolve reliability risks.
- Develop experimental designs for the evaluation of new technologies and analyse data to perform comparisons between them.
- Define bias conditions for quality tests; define test conditions for pre/post quality electrical testing.
- Conduct life testing, applying stresses of high temperature, high humidity or temperature cycling.
- Document qualification results; Develop and write final qualification reports.
- Work closely with systems engineering, test Engineering and design engineering groups to understand reliability failures/issues and develop mitigation plans.
- Required to perform multiple tasks for multiple projects with aggressive schedules.
- Drive improvement in reliability and quality of products and technologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Foster an environment that values creatively solving problems and delivering results.
- Instill a sense of urgency to ensure that all activities are completed on schedule and budget.
- Actively participate in creating a safe and positive work environment for all employees by ensuring employees are properly trained, safety requirements are effectively communicated, and safety hazards are identified and corrected.
- Act with a high sense of trust and integrity.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Solid State Physics or other engineering or technical disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the semiconductor field required.
- Basic understanding of microelectronics qualification techniques required.
- Understanding of JEDEC and/or Mil-Spec standards required.
- Knowledge of thermo-mechanical induced Chip-Package Interactions (CPI) and other potential pkg failure modes is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of experimental design and associated data analysis is highly desired.
- Knowledge of reliability analysis techniques is a plus.
- Solid organizational skills required.
- A firm knowledge of high frequency semiconductor fabrication, testing and failure modes is required.
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer processing, microelectronics packaging, and final electrical test techniques required.
- Basic understanding of radio frequency (RF) physics is a plus.
- Training in Six sigma greenbelt, or Black Belt certification is highly desired.
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques and data analysis methodologies required.
Constructive Team Member - Leads by example and makes those around him/her better. Attributes include being inclusive, hands-on, strategic, articulate, energetic, accountable, decisive, and hard working. A positive motivator who encourages and persuades, and an excellent team builder who knows how to remove obstacles without alienating others.
Excellent Communication Skills - Maintains an open flow of two-way communication, exhibiting strong verbal, written and presentation skills, stating expectations clearly and being visible to all stakeholders. Exhibits executive presence in front of both internal and external audiences. Being a good listener is a critical success factor.
Impeccable Integrity - Embodies and practices unquestioned personal and business integrity. Creates an environment of trust and respect by acting with fairness and consistency, keeping commitments, and providing rationale for decisions.
Team Player with Maturity - A results-oriented individual who, at the same time, is the consummate team player who can effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes. He/She will be well respected by senior management, peers, and subordinates, and will be secure in his or her technical abilities.
Open Minded - A resilient and committed executive with a passion for excellence; a flexible and open operating style; non-political and non-bureaucratic; someone with a natural and effective consultative approach who will gain the trust and respect of individuals at all levels.
Customer Focused - Live and breathe the customer experience by encouraging a culture dedicated to enhancing customer satisfaction and building strong customer relationships.