Location London, UK
If you love programming for low-power devices and want to spend your time actually creating impactful outcomes, this might be the right role for you. We are looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to join our Reality Capture team transforming the physical construction site into streams of data for our Physical Intelligence Engine. Our mission is to help construction build the future more efficiently, safely, and sustainably, so you will be working to massively improve one of the biggest and most fundamental industries on the planet (and we have worked with some of the most important construction companies worldwide on this).
This means deploying sensing systems (including cameras, microphones, temperature sensors, strain gauges, location beacons, etc.) into the construction site and supply chain. Sometimes we build our own, sometimes we buy systems off the shelf, but these always have to be robust, reliable, and secure.
The team values correct solutions to problems, and we strongly believe that the most correct solution is often also the best to implement given the time and cost constraints of a startup and the industry in which we work - it results in systems that are faster to build (and build upon) and about which it is easier to reason. We are also very collaborative and believe strongly that the most important thing is the outcome for the business and our customers, and that the best solution is one that creates the best outcomes in the right timeframe.
You will be joining a small team consisting of one Embedded Systems Engineer and one Systems Engineer, led by our CTO. You will work closely with many different teams, but especially the Operations, Product, Design, and CX teams.Requirements
- At least seven years of building systems with embedded C, including experience with testing frameworks, security, and connected devices. The systems you have worked on should have been regularly used by customers, rather than being prototypes.
- Examples of projects/tools written in at least one other language other than embedded C, e.g. Rust, Go, Haskell, Python, etc...
- Sufficient electronics experience that you can sanity-check a schematic or layout, debug issues, and throw together prototypes (but we do not do the detailed electronic design in-house).
A nice bonus would be
- Experience building industrial products.
- Experience with fully automated HIL testing.
Learn more about our team, benefits and perks on our website!
To ensure we're attracting a diverse group of candidates, we check all our job descriptions on http //gender-decoder.katmatfield.com/about
Agency note any unsolicited CVs or profiles sent to us will be viewed as gifts and will not be considered liable for a fee. We are only working with agencies on our PSL and are not looking to make any additions. Thank you.