Revenues & Benefits Systems Manager
Agile working (Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire)
£32.00 per hour (PAYE)
Pertemps Recruitment on behalf of Buckinghamshire Council has two new opportunities in the Revenues and Benefits Team. The first position is for a "Revenues and Controls Application Support Manager" and the second is a "Benefits and Controls Application Support Manager". These are temporary positions until 31st December 2021, though there is potential for this to be extended further if the requirement is there. The pay rate is £32.00 per hour PAYE, and you will be working full time, 37 hours per week. General Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Experience
- The post holder will manage a team to promote a customer focused culture and utilising resources whilst encouraging teamwork and engagement of individuals to ensure delivery of the service.
- Develop a plan and manage annual and in year processes and year end processes in conjunction with the Revenues and Controls/ Benefits and Controls Business Support Manager. This includes reconciliations.
- Investigation and resolution of system issues liaising with the IT contract provider as required. This includes system downtime, bugs, service requests, implementation of new systems/upgrades and co-ordination of testing and system security.
- Ensure new systems / upgrades / system fixes are thoroughly testing before promoting to live
- Provision of data to assist with completion of Government returns
- Timely provision of monthly service performance information
- Ensure strict controls maintained for access to Revs & Bens system (DPA compliant)
- Work to deadlines ensuring successful delivery of the service whilst maintaining and developing individuals within the team, identifying skills gaps, facilitating training for future development
- Implementation of ad-hoc projects within agreed timescales
- Liaison / negotiation with third party suppliers in relation to external systems
- Assignment of tasks making the best use of resources, analyse outcomes and review working practices whilst proactively assessing individual's needs and facilitating training to develop staff.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent standard or service experience
- IRRV Professional Qualification (or willing to work towards) or equivalent experience
- Proven record of working in a management role within Revenues and Benefits
- Substantial experience of managing a Revenues & Controls/ Benefits and Controls Business Support Team with expert Business knowledge and experience
- Able to analyse & interpret complex information quickly, reaching and articulating decisions with clarity to deliver solutions that command support
- Accuracy and attention detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Negotiating skills to promote an inclusive team work culture whilst motivating people to do their best
- Team player with strong inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Computer literacy and IT awareness
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and assess their impact on the section