What we're looking for
We are currently looking for a Management Accountant to join our Finance team. The role will support the financial management of Yapily in a fast paced, curious, and collaborative environment. As the Management Accountant you will be responsible for several aspects of the finance function. This is a broad role; no day will be the same and this role is perfect for someone who wants to take ownership of the management accounts and support the month end close.
We're a young company and we're growing fast. We have offices in London, Vilnius, and we have over 100 talented individuals joining us from their homes and coworking spaces from around the world. We're wonderfully diverse, with 27 nationalities - and counting! We continue to expand our global reach as we build the best infrastructure for our customers.
We attract people who are excited to work in a nascent and disruptive industry that will change the way we interact with financial services, forever. We're building the infrastructure to power the global economy.
We are looking for people who don't always know the answers but can use their skill and judgement to work beautifully within the team to create better solutions for our customers. So whichever discipline you choose, whether that's Engineering, Product, Commercial or Operations, we hire people who want to make a difference and can roll up their sleeves to get the job done from many different backgrounds.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Own and drive the finance (including month end) timetable
- Prepare month end reports, journals, accruals, intercompany charges, and prepayments with insightful financial analysis (across group)
- Perform analysis on GL
- Prepare monthly invoicing
- Credit control
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank & cash reconciliations
- Review, improve and document our Finance processes
- Review of general ledger coding of invoices and PO's in Xero
- Partner with the wider group and act as first point of contact for all things finance
- Extensive ad-hoc projects to support Yapily as we grow
- Partner with our Finance Manager in the preparation and timely reporting of budgets, forecasts, re-forecasts, flash reporting, and quarterly business reviews
- Contribute to Payroll preparation
- Contribute to audit preparation
- ACCA or CIMA qualified; or studying towards professional qualification
- Strong excel skills - familiar with pivot tables and standard formulas such as VLOOKUPs, conditional formatting, IF, AND, OR statements etc.
- Xero (Essential)
- Knowledge of SAAS industry advantageous but not essential
- Confident communication skills
- Experience in preparing payroll
- Prior experience of preparing end to end management accounts and transaction processing
- Able to work well under pressure with attention to detail
- Experience working in a dynamic environment along with having fun along the way!
- If you think you might be a good fit for us, but you don't have all the experience listed here, please do apply, we are open to considering candidates with diverse skills and experience.
The application process consists of a 30-minute phone interview with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners, followed by video interviews with the hiring manager and various team members. There will also be a Strengths & Values conversation which will give you an opportunity to learn more about our culture and for us to understand how you like to work. You might also meet with a member of the management team and or have a short technical test depending on the role you are applying for. All interviews are held via Zoom or Google Meet currently.
We continue to work remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic. Once restrictions ease and the timing is right, we plan to adopt a hybrid approach with a mix of working from home and the office.About Yapily
Yapily is here to power a new era of financial services so that everyone can receive faster, affordable and personalised financial products.
We connect to thousands of banks using a secure open API enabling innovative companies to embed the power of open banking into their products. We provide infrastructure for industry leaders including American Express, Intuit Quickbooks, Vivid, Moneyfarm and BUX. Yapily has raised more than $69m funding and this is an incredibly exciting time to join the business as our international presence continues to scale rapidly.Benefits
- Competitive salary in a rapidly growing scale up
- 25 days holiday (UK)
- Generous level of stock options
- Company learning budget for seminars, courses, books etc
- Pension with 3% employer contribution
- Flexible working options (open to discussions on work location, flexible and part time hours)
- Contribution to remote desk setup
- Diverse high performing team environment
Read more about working for us here