Home Instead Senior Care is the world's leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our Live In Care Assistants or as we like to call you 'CAREGivers' to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust which enables us to provide personalised support.Job Description
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients to join our team in Harrogate, Ripon and Thirsk.
As a Live In CAREGiver, you will live in the client's home and provide a variety of non-medical services to help them keep independent in their own home.
The role of a Live In CAREGiver is both rewarding and enjoyable, working in partnership with the client's family and the Home Instead Team.
- As a Live-In CAREGiver, you will be required to provide the highest quality 24-hour care with the appropriate breaks and non- working time included.
- You will be responsible for delivering your client's personalised care plan and health goals, enabling your client to live life to the full in their own home.
- We specialise in Dementia and Parkinson's care.
- You will manage your Client's medical condition, meals, hygiene and ensure their safety at all times.
- You will maintain a positive relationship with your client, their family, friends and those supporting their health and wellbeing as well as being trustworthy and compassionate.
You do not need any particular qualifications to become a CAREGiver but you must have the right qualities for the role . It would be useful to have some experience of working in a care setting or interacting with older people. This could be personal experience of caring for a family member or voluntary experience. You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will enjoy building professional friendships and comfortable in spending time in the company of others.Qualifications
In order to become a CAREGiver, we will provide all the training and support to get you up to speed. However, we do look for people with the following:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and caring attitude
- Reliability, flexibility and adaptability
- A passion for supporting others
- Genuine interest in becoming part of a caring team
As a Live In CAREGiver, you will be provided with 3 meals a day or an allowance from the client, a separate room to stay and access to a TV and WiFi. In addition, we offer comprehensive training and support from our local office.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us on 01423 774490
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.