Account Director - B2B and Consumer Tech
Our Innovation & Impact (formerly Tech) team is looking for an entrepreneurial, versatile hybrid Account Director
with considerable consumer tech
and consumer PR
experience. This role offers the best of both strategy and activation as the work spans global, EMEA campaigns, as well as UK activation. I&I is horizontal, global practice made up of specialists in offices across the PN network, Innovation and Insights has tech at its heart but also services clients in the brand purpose
We offer a competitive salary, exciting benefits package and hybrid working. The Opportunity:
- Reporting into the team lead, you will be a day to day point of contact for clients, network and interagency colleagues, offering senior counsel and managing issues with ease, as well as managing a team of SAEs/AEs/JAEs.
- You will take the day to day lead for two key pieces of business - a leading consumer electronics brand working in the film and TV production space and a global mobile phone brand helping to shape strategy and activations of new smartphone products in the UK. You will also work on an exciting purpose driven campaign with a global tech brand and their partnership with a large charity.
- You'll have the chance to be part of this new team, help build the offer and put your stamp on it from the start.
- You'll have a passion for technology and the latest consumer tech trends and product launches
- Ideally you'll have some experience working a major consumer electronics or technology brand/platform
- You'll have an in depth understanding of classic tech PR staples including product launches and reviews, thought leadership, sponsorship and major event support such as MWC and CES
- You'll still enjoy a sell in and have a great black book of contacts across publications like Wired, CNet, but also mainstream lifestyle titles
- You'll also be looking to expand your remit beyond technology, into progressive and burgeoning tech related sectors and clients in the brand purpose space too, as there's lots of integration with our colleagues in the brand team
- Creative and passionate about communications; organised when it comes to driving day-to-day campaigns as well as events, and confident managing junior team members
- An excellent communicator and a strong writer
- Commercially minded, ensuring work is correctly budgeted and delivered profitably
- A cross-agency collaborator; willing and able to make a proactive effort to connect and work alongside peers in other teams across PN London, PN globally and within the Omnicom network
Porter Novelli London is living proof of what 70 determined and collaborative people can do when they apply their collective minds to a simple principle. At Porter Novelli, we act for impact.
Almost fifty years ago, Jack Porter and Bill Novelli left their jobs on Madison Avenue to start up an agency to tackle some of society's biggest issues. They opened people's eyes and minds to the idea that the art of communication could change behaviour. We developed the first smoking cessation campaign and the original food pyramid. We educated on issues of maternal health and put the HIV/AIDS crisis into sharp relief - pivotal moments directed at improving society by changing people's actions.
Today, that legacy guides us in a new direction in a fundamentally changed world. We are a new style of communication agency, a global boutique providing advisory, consulting and communication services to help clients be ahead of changing stakeholder expectations because communication alone doesn't cut it anymore.
At Porter Novelli, we act for impact to create change on the ground - change that's relevant to people's lives and clients' businesses. Change that's responsible and accountable.
Our purpose is to help our clients Find, Live and Tell their authentic ambition and make a positive impact - to improve the world, their relevance and their bottom line. We help our clients Find their way to change the world, Live it inside and out and Tell it like they mean it.Help us act for impact.
Porter Novelli is committed to building a team inclusive of all races, faiths, ethnicities, backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, physical abilities and cognitive styles. If you require any additional support through the interview process, please raise it in complete confidence.