Principal Data Consultant
Salary: £70,000 - £90,000
Location: London, Newbury or Homebased (UK)
This client is a leading boutique data consultancy looking for an ambitious, passionate, and experienced Principal Data Consultant to join their growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity where you will work on a wide range of exciting projects for some of Europe's best-known brands.
The successful candidate will draw from experience and knowledge across multiple industries, platforms, and methodologies in order to design and deliver high-quality, sustainable solutions. They will inspire internal colleagues to their approach and bring energy and drive into the delivery process. They will collaborate with BI and Analytics teams to ensure they regularly exceed client expectations across the board.
As a key player within an already experienced and talented team, this individual is expected to provide clarity of thinking, thought leadership, project ownership and a flair for driving an exceptionally high standard of delivery.
Key outputs for the role
· Solution leadership - ability to take full ownership for significant and complex client solutions, and work with internal team members to manage delivery quality and timeliness.
· Stakeholder relationship - acting as the client's key point of contact for solution designs and outcomes, working as conduit into the internal project team.
· Solution design - owning, driving, and presenting solution design, working flexibly to support changing client demand, priorities, and resource constraints.
· Requirements gathering / prioritisation - able to obtain and understand the client need, and to play this back to clients to receive buy in at both a macro level and at a detailed level.
· Hands-on data delivery will play a key part of this role.
o Data analysis/audit - assessing the suitability of existing and potential new data for use.
o Data modelling - designing effective, efficient data models to support various types of data exploitation (reporting, analytics, predictive modelling) both cloud and on-prem.
o Prototyping - building data prototypes to act as solid foundations for exploitation (SQL)
o Governance - Data governance, security & privacy principles, leading, documenting and constantly challenging best-practise with clients and internal colleagues.
The characteristics we are specifically looking for are.
· Proactive, dynamic, and driven by delivering quality work, with a great eye for detail.
· Energised by multi-client, multi-industry challenges.
· Takes accountability and ownership of tasks and finds a way to make it happen.
· Ability to motivate self and other dynamic individuals both internally and within client teams.
· An excellent communicator who can make sense of and communicate complex ideas.
· Is not afraid to talk up and have an opinion in internal or client meetings.
· A strategic and deep-critical thinker who is always looking for the best way to solve a problem.
· A relationship builder, engaging effectively to build trust with clients, partners, and teammates.
Skills/experience required to fulfil the role.
· Strong data background, with proven experience in leading projects across technical workstreams
· Proven experience building relationships with senior stakeholders, to articulate benefits and value in providing solution options/opportunities.
· Highly data literate, able to analyse, design and build data layers and solutions using SQL across multiple platforms.
· Ability to design end to end data solutions, including ingestion, transformation and presentation whilst considering architectural principles, data management and governance.
· Extensive experience working with large, complex datasets.
· Strong industry knowledge within data architecture and data design
· Preferable experience with GCP and a range of native tools within
· Data governance principles, and an understanding of data culture within a business setting
· Ability to influence project sponsors, colleagues, and end-users.
· Sound knowledge of data protection and GDPR
· Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum / Kanban)