Field test engineer is responsible for the functional, performance, reliability testing and development of tractors working directly in field with farmers. Field testing should ensure that all vehicle concerns and recommendations are identified and reported so that ultimately the product will meet and exceed customer expectations.Key Responsibilities:
In order to achieve the Field Test and Development function, the main responsibilities of the position include:
Job requirements and qualifications:
- Field test planning, including determination of test vehicle specifications.
- Selection of Field test sites and liaise with customers and dealers to expose product to all critical tractor applications including overseas locations.
- Standard test report creation, implementation and result sharing.
- Investigation and reporting of concerns including all vehicle systems.
- Participate and contribute as voice of the customer for vehicle hazard/risk assessments.
- Use of specialist test equipment, data acquisition, instrumentation tools and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of tractor and implement usage and customer expectations including worldwide applications.
- Coordinating technicians and interns day to day activities to support Field Testing requirements.
- Supporting management of local field test site.
Additional job requirements:
- Vehicle or Agricultural Engineering degree, 2+ years of experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of agricultural vehicles, implements and farming practices
- Practical knowledge on mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic vehicles systems
- Strong attitude to field test and workshop activities
- Strong enthusiasm in team activities
- English fluent (spoken and written)
- Fluent in Microsoft office suites
Competencies and Key Behaviours:
- Eligibility to work in the UK and EU
- Full clean Driving Licence
- Must be prepared to travel regularly in UK and to worldwide test locations
- Willing to work outside of office hrs as required due to agricultural seasonal workload
- Practically minded, skilled in vehicle fault finding and root cause analysis
- Skilled operator/driver of Ag and Off-Road vehicles
- Knowledge of Precision Farming, Autoguidance and Isobus technology's
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels from farmers/drivers, technicians to management and director level