Want to be part of the most dynamic automotive content and commerce company in the UK? Are you looking to join a fast-paced business where you can express yourself in an environment that welcomes change, respects diverse perspectives, and where growth is the baseline?
Autovia is part of the Dennis Publishing Group. Here we are dedicated to creating and building highly successful brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in. As a result we are looking for the highest calibre of talent to join us and help us with the next stage of our growth journey. Our car brands are an important part of our strategy which includes being able to offer our customers a solution for every stage of researching and buying a car.
A pivotal role with a remit that spans both our technical roadmap and our content strategy, the Head of SEO
will sit at the heart of audience growth for our world-class automotive media brands such as Auto Express, Evo and Carbuyer.Job Description
Using your experience in content-driven SEO, and your technical skills you will work closely with product development and engineering on our highly search-optimised automotive sites. With support from the data team providing access to live data for your analysis, you'll also work with keyword and competitor research tools, plus cloud-based web ranking and crawling services.
As Head of SEO
you will be critical in ensuring seamless site migrations, and have a good understanding of how to navigate Google algorithm changes through best-practice SEO.
Working with the Lead Content Strategist you will constantly audit and refine established content strategies ensuring they are informed by data and the latest SEO best practice; whilst also introducing and testing emerging SEO tactics.
Working with the wider Audience Development team you will support the commercial strategy and ensure that our content partnerships follow the same best practice guidelines as our organic content. You will act as an advocate for high-value paid content and may sometimes support commercial pitches.KEY OBJECTIVES
- Build a defensible SEO strategy that conforms to Google's best practices and minimises exposure to penalties.
- Ensure that the content strategies pursued by the Audience Development team are updated with the latest SEO best practice and constantly measured for effectiveness.
- Work with the Product and Engineering team to drive requirements that maintain the highest standards of technical SEO.
- Provide evidence of the effectiveness of our content strategies to support their implementation.
QualificationsRequired Skills And Attributes
Desirable Skills And Attributes
- Experience of content-driven SEO or content marketing.
- Experience of relevant competitor and keyword research tools.
- Excellent technical on-page SEO skills.
- Experience working on successful site migrations.
- Experience of using enterprise-level crawlers and keyword research tools.
- Passion for data and uncovering trends.
- Superb attention to detail
- Organised and reliable to deliver projects on time.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Commercial awareness
- You should be familiar with the fundamentals of paid traffic campaigns and adept at using spreadsheets for forecasting, analysis and optimisation.
- Experience of the interplay between paid traffic campaigns on AdWords and SEO
- Experience driving requirement delivery into technical platform publishing teams.
- Experience with content recommendation networks such as Taboola and social platforms.
We're at the start of our adventure. We want our people to embrace the journey, be curious, think creatively, push the boundaries and be a positive team player. Our driving force is to wow our customers, listen to what they want and deliver best in class service whatever part of the business you join. All we ask is that you keep it real, be authentic to who you are, respect others and have fun along the way!
We're proud that our teams are as diverse as our customers. We recruit talented people based only on their skills, experience, and their drive to make Autovia the best it can be. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!