Utilising artificial intelligence and a deep library of scripted, pre-recorded video footage, Twyn will allow fans to enjoy subject specific, two-way, personal, real-time conversations with world leading Talent - in a format resembling a Facetime call - whilst also giving those fans the sense of an intimate, evolving, direct relationship.
Twyn is an entirely new content format, creating a huge new commercial marketplace; more meaningful ongoing audience engagement; and an enduring telepresence for Talent that can last for years - or even for posterity.
We expect to go live with the first commercial version of Twyn, accessed primarily via an App on mobile, in December 2021. Through our own team members' decades in the global entertainment industry, as well as with our consultants and agents, we have reach deep inside the film, music, sports, advertising and brand sectors in New York and Los Angeles, as well as in the UK, Europe and Asia.
Our business model is that of a media company that owns a rapidly growing library of exclusive content that represents multiple monetization opportunities not just now - through user payments for access - but long into the future. And although our initial strategy is to build Twyns for the world's highest profile entertainment and sports celebrities, we also see opportunities to roll out this entirely new content format in multiple verticals (e.g., in business, healthcare, legacy and education), dramatically altering how they operate.
In this role you will make key contributions to the Twyn application and back-end infrastructure, and will therefore be a big part of the success of the project. You will rapidly learn new skills and help shape the culture of a new team.
You will be required to
- Contribute at a senior level to the day-to-day development of the Twyn application.
- Work to high standards in software engineering, including ensuring that your code is tested, maintainable and operable. Assist the rest of the team in achieving the same standards.
- Participate in agile delivery management, for example Scrum ceremonies, including demonstrating your work to stakeholders.
- Help deploy and operate the software that you produce.
- Support technical decision making, for example by researching relevant technologies or implementing proofs of concept.
- Where relevant, support technical R&D activities conducted by the Research and Development lead and his/her team, e.g. in AI and audio processing.
- Ensure that your work is adequately documented in a way which is accessible and meaningful within the Twyn team.
- Support and informally mentor more junior team members.
- Support recruitment and onboarding of new team members as necessary.
You will have
- Extensive general experience as a software engineer, and a track record of successfully contributing at a senior level to large, complex projects spanning multiple technologies. This is not an entry level role, and we would expect at least around 7 years of high quality experience in software engineering roles.
- Specific experience in at least two of the primary technologies we use iOS development in Swift, Android development in Kotlin, back-end development in C#.
- A willingness to learn and a track record of picking up new technologies and techniques quickly.
- Practical experience and a theoretical understanding of agile product development and devops.
The following are not required, but would be useful
- Experience developing and operating commercial software products at scale.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Negotiable competitive salary of in the range of £70,000 - £75,000/yr.
- The opportunity to receive equity in the company as part of your compensation.
- Remote work (with occasional travel to London) and flexible hours.
- A high degree of autonomy and minimal policy constraints (see 'No Rules Rules' by Reed Hastings and Erin Meyer).
- You'll be joining an early stage company, but one with an experienced leadership team.