looking for a Design Enginee
r to join our successful design engineering team in Redhill
. Our design team delivers specialist scaffolding and temporary works design solutions to a range of clients across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
We are looking for a Design Engineer
who has experience with scaffold design.
This position would suit a Graduate Design Engineer ready to make the step up to Design Engineer or a Design Engineer who is looking to broaden your experience in the industry and join a fast paced design office with an enthusiastic and driven team of design engineers and engineering technicians.
As Design Enginee
r you will be responsible for producing exceptional design solutions to the highest industry standards, solve complex technical problems, plan and manage project budgets and maintain quality and service delivery standards. Responsibilities
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Work as part of the design team, seek supervision where necessary and be prepared to lead the work of other team members as required.
- Set an example of company values. Value your team, our clients and what we produce (our designs).
- Ensure all your design output is in accordance with company procedures.
- Effectively communicate technical design matters to other engineers and technicians in the design team.
- Execute designs of a moderate level of complexity involving various design disciplines ensuring your work meets the requirements of CDM 2015.
- Accurately interpret briefing information, select and apply appropriate design codes, standards and design software and effectively use them for designs.
- Acquire experience of the attributes of a professional engineer and record evidence of achievement.
- Seek technical support and guidance of more experienced team members where required, apply your knowledge and experience for the guidance of others.
- Lead site inspections and surveys. Effectively contribute in technical correspondence and meetings with 3rd parties.
- Ensure your work meets the commercial requirements of project.
- Ensure your work and the work of those under your supervision is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- BEng, BSc (Hons) or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated progression towards Incorporated or Chartered status
- Minimum 2 years of relevant post graduate experience of consultancy-based design
- Good level of knowledge and understanding of Civil Engineering design and practice, particularly Temporary Works.
- Experience of working on construction projects and application of construction techniques
- Experience in the application of British and European codes for ultimate limit state and permissible stress deign. Particularly BS 5975:2019.
- Knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation particularly CDM 2015
- Good verbal and written English
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in engineering principles
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive team player
- Good communication skills and ability to express ideas
- Well organised and hold the ability to prioritise work with an effective problem-solving outlook
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
48.3 have a proven track record in training and retaining staff. There is no other training programme like the one developed by 48.3 specifically for scaffolding design and personal development. Our training programme is registered and approved by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). Everyone is critical to success at 48.3 and everyone has a big part to play. You will be an important and highly valued member of the team and we will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and give you the best possible chance of success.
As well as our exceptional training programme, we offer a competitive salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community.Our Business
48.3 Scaffold Design was formed in 2010 and are experts in providing specialist scaffolding and temporary works design solutions to a range of clients across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. 48.3 has provided recent designs for projects for Network Rail, London Underground, Thameslink, Crossrail, Gatwick Airport re-development, Heathrow Terminal 2B, English Heritage, Thames Water, National Grid and many other commercial and industrial sites.
We have a strong company ethos that is the foundation of our business, the reason 48.3 was created and the framework for our mission, vision and values. We have a relentless drive for perfection in our work, and increases in our competency. Our aim is to change the scaffolding industry, especially in design, and how everyone else perceives it. Please apply with your CV
. To all recruitment agencies:
48.3 does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. 48.3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.