At Citymapper we're a small, hard working team on a mission to help make complex cities easy to use.
Our app helps people every day in major world cities like London, New York, and Paris by giving them the most up-to-date and complete information on urban transportation options, with a personal touch.
The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically changed travel patterns, as we've shown in our Citymapper Mobility Index. As people have been reconsidering their travel patterns, we've been improving our support for other travel modes like bicycles, e-scooters, and walking. We've added turn-by-turn voice support for all of these, and we're only getting started.
Our small team of veteran iOS developers iterates quickly and tests new features and UI tweaks daily in our own travels. We build new features while also refining the design of existing ones based on analytics. We aim to ship changes that make a real difference to users every two weeks or so. We also aim to support new Apple devices and technologies on day one (for instance, we were in the Apple Watch announcement keynote).We're looking for people to help us take on the following kinds of problems:
This role is open for iOS engineers of all levels, who are motivated to make transport sustainable and hassle free.
- Someone's standing at a bus stop and they have 10 seconds to figure out whether to get on or not. Can we give them a clear answer in time?
- Someone's in the middle of a transit trip when the train they were going to connect to gets delayed. Can we let them know promptly and help them find a better way to get there?
- Someone's traveling in an unfamiliar part of town and doesn't want to get out their phone. Can we give them effortless guidance using only their headphones and/or smartwatch?
- Someone's traveling home late at night. Can we give their partner peace of mind?
We're hiring for our headquarters on the south bank of the Thames in London, and we are also willing to discuss remote working arrangements.
If this sounds like your kind of project and team, we'd love to talk with you.Requirements
We don't expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in some of these areas:
- UI development
You should also be motivated enough by our mission to improve cities and transportation that you have ideas on how to improve the product & experience.Benefits
- Competitive pay & meaningful equity / stock options
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in)
- Food and drinks, and social events throughout the year
- Citymapper swag
We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).