At Home Instead St Albans we provide Outstanding rated non-medical care and companionship services for older people within our local community. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation, we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
Our mission is to be the trusted care provider of choice in our community. To support our clients & CAREGivers throughout their Home Instead journey, and for every member of our team to feel valued and appreciated every day.Job Description
We are looking for a second Care Coordinator to join our growing team. We are looking for an individual who is as passionate as us about delivering the highest quality of care to our clients. The successful candidate will be highly resilient and have a positive "can do" attitude with excellent communication skills.
The ability to prioritise and work calmly and accurately under pressure with excellent organisational skills will also be required.
You will have a good working knowledge of IT systems and have experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and CRM software with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate. Experience of working in a scheduling role within a home care or other relevant environment such as logistics would be ideal.
You must be a Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport quickly. The role requires an excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task. A Logical and analytical mind with the ability to work on your own initiative and meet deadlines.Standard hours of work are: Monday - Friday 10:00am - 18:00pm with additional on call duties.The successful candidate will need to live within 6-10miles of St Albans and have access to their own personal transport.Key elements of the role involve the ability to: -
This May IncludeThe successful candidate will also form part of our Evening and Weekend On-Call Team
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training, and last-minute cancellations.
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
- Match CAREGivers to new clients in conjunction with client services team and arrange introductions.
- Ensure client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead's Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
-This involves managing any issues that arise during the time On Call.
The coordination of care in cases where a CAREGiver goes sick or for whatever reason cannot visit a Client at the scheduled time.
Introductions of CAREGivers to Clients.
Act as the escalation route for any issues encountered by CAREGivers during the weekend.
Handovers from office staff and/or back to office staff.All candidates must have their own transport, a valid driving licence and insurance that covers business usage. This role is subject to an enhanced DBS checkQualifications
Excellent communication, IT and systems knowledge
Applicants will need to be living within 6 miles of St Albans and hold a full UK drivers licence and have their own vehicle.
This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.