We, TFP, are looking for brilliant minds and passionate hearts to help us shape the future of fertility health. We are one of the largest fertility service providers in Europe operating our IVF clinics and egg/sperm freezing banks currently in 6 countries. We have embarked on a mission to use technology to enhance the patient journey and support patients with the best outcome - starting a family!
At TFP, we offer all our patients the care, understanding and expertise that help to bring dreams to life. We are passionate about what we do, which reflects our commitment to creating lives and changing lives.
Science research and innovation are key to how we work and have led to us pioneering fertility treatment for more than 33 years. Many of our clinicians are internationally renowned specialists and we regularly share knowledge across our clinics to further improve our success.The Role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual who will be responsible for leading and maintaining the Healthcare Quality Management System (QMS) at the clinics and satellites, and implementing the system to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the service provided in accordance with the conditions of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) licence and registration.
These conditions must also comply with the guidance on good practice as set out in the HFEA's Code of Practice, CQC guidance and all relevant clinical and laboratory directives.**Please note this role is a 12 Months Fixed Term Contract**Key Responsibilities:
The role includes responsibility for management of all incidents, non-conformances, complaints, user satisfaction review, internal and external auditing, monitoring, evaluation and continual improvement.
- • Establishing and managing quality, risk and governance strategies within the clinic and its satellites
- • Maintaining the HFEA licence
- • Developing and monitoring the quality policy, quality objectives and quality indicators
- • Internal and external auditing, user satisfaction and complaints management
- • Incident management: investigation, corrective and preventative actions
- • Supporting the implementation, and certification of the ISO 9001and ISO 15189 standards
- • Training, communicating, monitoring and motivating all staff to support the QMS
**Full Role Profile can be provided upon request**Qualifications and Experience:
Location - Thames Valley Fertility, MaidenheadSalary - Competitive (Depending on Experience)12 Months Fixed Term Contract
- Degree or equivalent post graduate diploma and/or experience
- Recognised management qualification and/or healthcare experience
- Experience of using and managing Quality Management Systems and Risk Management processes and practice, including risk assessment and incident investigation
- Experience of managing complaints
- Experience of developing policies and procedures
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working within a complex organisational environment