- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke - what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven't looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it - it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!Your Dream Role
- Put simply, you'll provide solid Manufacturing Engineering capability to our production lines.
- Proactively ensure production is set up for success to achieve the plant's delivery, cost, quality, and safety goals.
- Using your experience, provide technical authority for manufacturing processes. Create and maintain build standard operating procedures.
- Take responsibility for hands-on process fault finding and support on production escalations. Predominantly mechanical engineering, however ideally electrical too.
- Process improvement will play a large part of your role, identifying and implementing processes to improve production and build hours across the site.
- Constantly seek to reduce build costs and increase efficiency using structured methodologies, such as Lean.
- Opportunities like this don't come along often - you will have exposure to a wide range of senior stakeholders and complex projects.
- We are a fast-paced business with priorities shifting all the time - no two days will be the same.
- Learn from the best. All of this will give you the right skills and experience to further your career in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience of working in a similar role within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- If you have this experience from the bus or automotive industry - even better!
- Driven, curious, and analytical. Strive for continuous improvement using structured methodologies.
- You don't need to be a tech whizz, but it would be great if you were experienced in CAD packages (TeamCenter / Solid Edge).
- Relationship building will come easily to you, with the ability to partner with stakeholders across various areas of the business including production operations.
- Things can be hectic here. You will thrive on being busy and be an expert multi-tasker.
- Generally, someone who fits into our culture - approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Bring extensive NPI Manufacturing experience, delivering constant customer specific change into production lines.
- You will be educated to degree level in Engineering or have equivalent experience in a relevant role.
- You will be a self-starter and will be happy to work from the Scarborough site.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment.
- A competitive salary package - we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- 32 days inclusive of public holidays.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- Be coached and mentored by some incredibly intelligent people to drive your career forward.
- We don't employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, then it would be great to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, it would be great if you could include a short covering letter detailing the four or so reasons why you are suited to the role.
- Recommend a friend reward is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org