ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world's leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working within a small electrical and electronic design team, you will develop and maintain the designs of technologically complex, high-value products that we supply to OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, and test houses. These projects will often involve a multi-disciplinary team of Mechanical, Electrical, Software and Project Engineers. You will work predominantly on our Lab Test projects which encompass our large industrial R&D machines, e.g., our suspension development rig (SPMM) and axle development rig (ANVH).
- Research, develop and integrate custom Electrical solutions for our large industrial machine products and for assisting with the manufacture and test/commissioning of those products.
- Work with suppliers, ABD's project teams and our manufacturing departments to source, manufacture and deliver our large industrial machine products.
- Prepare and submit documentation for Engineering Releases including - engineering calculations, detailed drawings, parts lists, test reports, regulatory compliance (risk assessments, LVD, EMC, etc.), build manuals, installation manuals, installation sign-off, etc.
- Support our global customers using AB Dynamics' products in the field. Collaborate with them to develop solutions and new product ideas for their automotive R&D capabilities.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified in an Electrical Engineering discipline, although exceptional candidates with relevant experience only and/or HND qualifications only will be considered.
- 5-10 years industrial machinery electrical design experience, although exceptional candidates with practical experience and a willingness to learn design will be considered.
- A flexibility and a desire to learn to transition designs to new ECAD tools (AutoCAD LT -> EPLAN), and to learn our ERP system (IFS).
- Ability to (or willingness to learn to) undertake all regulatory compliance including risk assessments, LVD, EMC, etc.
- A passion for design with good analytical skills and the ability to liaise across engineering disciplines. Creativity and a determination to succeed are key attributes for this role.
- Able to manage multi-work streams and prioritize multiple demands with a flexible approach.
- Willing to undertake occasional travel if required, including internationally.
- Electrical CAD design experience gained in an industrial machinery context.
- Experience of designing control panels, control systems and 3 phase systems to standards such as functional safety BS EN 61508, EMC compatibility, etc.
- Knowledge of CE and UL marking process.
- Knowledge of SRP/CS performance level calculations.
- CMSE qualification.
- Motion Control, PLCs, Electrical Machines (Motors and Drives) experience.
- Industrial Electrical (Power and Panel wiring) experience.
We're an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.