London / Sheffield, UKSalary
£40, 000 - £55,000Full time, permanent
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.Role Overview
We are looking for a passionate DevSecOps Engineer to work in our growing Engineering team. The successful candidate will have good experience and knowledge of IT security best practices both from an operational and engineering perspective.
You will be joining an evolving agile engineering team working alongside Scrum Masters, Product Managers, QA's and Software Engineers to shift security to the left and ensure it is included at every stage of the development process and built in by design. Working alongside our Platform and Scrum teams you will report on vulnerabilities, working with all teams at Tes to remediate them as quickly as possible.Key Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Champion DevSecOps throughout Tes! You will be responsible for product security by building in mechanisms to ensure that all Tes' services, applications and tools are secure throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Advise Scrum teams in sprint planning and refinement, enabling them to commit to and deliver value to the business by ensuring Tes' products and services follow security best practices and facilitating them to own remedial actions and security improvements.
- Create and regularly review Tes' infrastructure vulnerability and web application scanning reports remediating actions within and advising our product teams on best practices.
- Responsible for the gateways in our CI/CD pipelines that scan and test our infrastructure and code for vulnerabilities in all environments.
- Utilise software tools and write scripts to monitor and analyse vulnerabilities and automate any mitigations required.
- Help to create, publish, and maintain information security policies, documentation, procedures, standards, and guidelines for our products and online services.
- Bringing in innovative ideas on technology, process and security best practices to improve the product and security of our services.
What do you get in return?
- Experience of working alongside developers, DevOps and the business preferably working within an Agile environment. An in-depth understanding of what DevSecOps is all about.
- Familiarity of using threat monitoring software for logging, monitoring and alerting on security incidents (IDS, IDP, DAST).
- Comfortable working with Containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes) using best practices to secure/harden and scan these technologies.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery. Experience in automating gateways that scan containers and code.
- Ability to work with cloud environments (AWS).
- Fast learner and the ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and technical problem-solving skills.
- You do not have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed, you will be assessed on your willingness to learn and to collaborate with others.
Who are Tes?
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- State of the art city centre offices
- Access to My Benefits World
- Discounted city centre parking
- Free Westfield Health cover
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- EAP (Employee assistance programme)
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, Tes have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe.
We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers.
The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.Tes Group are an equal opportunities employer