London HQ | 50-100Our 'Why', 'How', and 'What'
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world's startups to achieve their own vision.
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world's fastest growing tech startups such as Gousto, This!, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that's why you will interact with Founders, Financial
Directors, CFOs, COOs and Office Managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.A day in the life of a Senior Finance AssistantYou're well on your way to qualifying with a passion for tech startups. You're commercially aware and understand the challenges faced by early-stage businesses. You strive to provide your clients with high quality, timely management information to enable them to make strategically sound decisions.Essential Skills
- Part-qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA (actively studying) with a minimum of 1-year accounting experience
- Strong IT skills including Xero and Excel
- Self-motivated with a drive to achieve and a passion to deliver quality work
- Strong time management, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills - in person and written
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about start-ups
RequirementsThe Role & Responsibilities
What we offer you An opportunity to work with the world's leading tech startups.⚖ Autonomous and flexible work style. We don't need time sheets to be at our most efficient! Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks,and dinners thrown by our very own social committee. Green Team - environmental catch ups and initiatives. Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done. Personal Development - we're harnessing a culture of learning and want you to havethe chance to become a leader from day 1. Profit Share - after 1 year service, you're eligible for our profit share scheme. Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution. 22 days' holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas Eve to NY office closure.
- Prepare and post accruals and prepayments
- Prepare and post deferred and accrued income
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform analytical review and prepare management information insights
- Prepare lead schedules
- Prepare financial statements and corporation tax calculations
- Ad hoc client reporting
This is a hybrid remote role so you may be required to have 1-3 days in the office a week. Also, we are open to discussing a fully remote arrangement as well .