Lead Systems Engineer - Remote role
A leading UK Data Analytics company who provide a Big Data platform that improves the buying decisions of millions of internet users everyday are looking to recruit a Lead Systems Engineer to manage their AWS and Web infrastructure and a small team of Engineers.
This role is paying to £70k basic salary with an additional 15% bonus and is offered on a fully remote basis.
The Lead Systems Engineer is someone with a broad technical background and managerial experience in technical operations. They have a desire to remain relatively hands-on and are adept at planning and prioritising their team's workload as well as juggling priorities in a fast-paced environment. The Lead Systems Engineer's primary focus is to ensure the security, integrity, performance and availability of all on-premise and cloud-based IT assets.Personality Profile:
You'll be responsible for
- Has a desire to lead, develop and grow the Technical Operations team
- A strong technical background in either Technical Operations, Systems Administration/Engineering, DevOps or Site Reliability
- A desire to remain technically hands-on while leading and growing the TechOps team
- Security-focussed and able to translate data protection regulation to facilitate the implementation of processes and systems required for compliance
- A competent trouble-shooter, adept at investigation and analysis
- A broad skill set, fast learner, and willing to muck in on a regular basis
- Multi-disciplined or the ability to adapt quickly to a macOS & Linux environment
Skills and experience
- Leading, supporting and growing the Technical Operations team.
- Overall IT security of all company activities globally.
- Be a key point for hiring a dedicated IT Security Engineer and additional Cloud Engineers into the team
- Management, cost & efficiency of all on-premise, cloud-based & remote IT assets.
- Writing, maintaining & enforcing relevant Information Security & IT policies.
- Writing, maintaining and executing business continuity & disaster recovery plans.
- Assisting with risk assessments and gap analysis related to Information Security.
- 2+ years as a team lead or manager
- 2+ years managing AWS accounts & infrastructure
- Terraform or similar infrastructure provisioning tooling
- Configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet etc
- macOS MDM tooling such as Kandji, Fleetsmith or Jamf
- Understanding of and ability to implement controls related to industry recognised
- information security principles such as GDPR and ISO-27001
- Advise on and support our transition to containerised infrastructure
- Experience managing networks, VPNs, firewalls etc.
This company offer a great benefits package which includes:
- R&D time every Friday afternoon.
- A budget for conferences, training, and events.
- A fun and creative work environment.
- Fully Remote working
- Healthcare, competitive company pension and bonus schemes.
- Time to create and develop your own ideas.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) plus birthdays off work as well.
If you would like to join one of the most exciting tech companies in the South of the UK and be the driving force in a growing Infrastructure and security team for a company that are building an innovative Big Data platform and applications used by hundreds of millions of people every day, then please get in touch to find out more?