It's an exciting time to be joining our Milton Keynes office - resurgent client demand, coupled with new business wins means there's plenty going on and huge career opportunity for anyone who joins us.
Right now, we're looking for a Social Media Manager to take responsibility for crafting content, managing social campaigns and building communities across all key social media networks.Who We Are.
McCann Milton Keynes is part of McCann Central, the UK's largest integrated agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people's lives.
We are also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world's biggest brands.
And to add to the (literal) wheelbarrow full of awards we've got including Euro Effies most effective global agency, Cannes Network of the Year, Campaign's European Integrated Agency of the Year, not to mention McCann Central's haul of awards in recent years at Cannes Lions, Clios, One Show, D&AD, LIAs, Golden Drum & Creative Circle Awards. So creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
We're a team of passionate creatives, strategists and marketers from a wide mix of backgrounds. But there's a lot that unites us - like caring deeply about everything we make. And though our skillsets are wide and our process knowledge is deep, we are all still learning every day.Who You Are.
As an experienced social media marketer, you blend a creative and analytical approach, crafting smart campaigns and testing ideas to identify what works best. What's more, it goes without saying that you have a deep understanding of social media channels and best practices.
As Social Media Manager you'll be responsible for planning all campaign content calendarss, working closely with clients and the wider team to ensure all relevant campaign and editorial content is planned, approved and shared with clients in an effective, accurate and timely manner, are performing well and that learnings and insights are fed back into the content planning.
Reporting to our Social Engagement Director, you'll work in our content hub alongside the creative, strategy, account and project teams, helping to identify new social opportunities and crafting social campaigns that will reach our global target audiences as well organic content for existing fans and owners.RequirementsWhat you'll do
What You Bring
- Develop creative and engaging social media content plans
- Work with our clients to advise and support on the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite or Falcon.io
- Work closely with our creative teams to create engaging content across multiple platforms
- Help to develop, launch and manage new campaigns, promotions or content
- Stay up-to-date with cultural trends and identify content opportunities to share with the content and creative team
- Ensure all content is shared for approval in line with timing plans, posted without error and at agreed times
- Support our clients with their social media channels; planning calendars, managing assets, crafting content, finding and sharing relevant news
- Create, schedule and publish social content
- Engage with page fans and followers and other relevant community groups
- Coordinate social coverage from and/or attend relevant events such as Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Keep up to date with general Social creative practices and trends and cascade this information to the wider team
- Undertake audience research
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights
- Analyse competitor activity
- Recommend improvements to increase performance
- A demonstrable base of experience working in a social media role for an agency, marketing or PR team
- Good knowledge of luxury and performance cars
- Experience with all major social platforms (as a minimum Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter)
- Proven social media content planning, community management & customer service experience
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet, to using effective storytelling techniques
- Self-driven, creative and analytical
- Strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- The ability to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you'll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you'll get to work closely with the world's biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you'll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you'll work in an environment where you are supported and developed.
If you want to join an iconic network agency that offers you the chance to work on one of the top clients in our portfolio & the opportunity to progress your career with an unrivalled development programme, contact us now. And not through a recruiter, please.Our commitment to equal opportunities.
For us, diversity is a business imperative - one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it's vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompasses all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.