Data Analyst ( Looker / Tableau / SQL )
Data Analyst ( Looker / Tableau / SQL ) is required to join a leading Open Banking Platform app who are changing the way businesses provide financial platforms.
With the founders previously creating multi-million pound fintech firms, the success rate and global expansion of this company is huge.
Building on the high growth and success that the company has experienced, the company have exciting plans to improve and expand our data platform to support both internal and customer-facing insights.
The Data Analyst ( Looker / Tableau / SQL ) will work closely with embedded analysts and senior stakeholders throughout the business, as well as other data analysts, data engineers and data scientists, to deliver high quality data models, dashboards and insights.
The platform is Cloud Agnostic and is built from Looker, Snowflake, Databricks and Fivetran.
Day to day responsibilities for the Data Analyst ( Looker / Tableau / SQL ) include:
• Collaborate with teams across the business on projects to design and deliver valuable insights
• Follow robust data modelling practices to ensure we have a single source of truth
• Support embedded data analysts and data scientists to understand and use the corporate data model
• Follow the policies and procedures in the Information Security Management System (ISMS) to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the information that they manage
Essential skills for the Data Analyst ( Looker / Tableau / SQL ) role include :
• Degree educated, ideally in a mathematical, statistical or data science related subject or strong professional experience in this area
• Passion for making an impact for business through data
• Strong Experience with SQL with modern data warehouse (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Azure Synapse Analytics)
• Experience with BI Tools such as Looker (preferred), Tableau, Power BI - data modelling and creating dashboards
• Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel
• Great problem framing, problem solving & critical thinking skills
• Excellent communicator, presenter and knowledge sharer (with internal, external, technical, non-technical audiences)
• Someone who sets high standards for themselves and takes pride in their work
Desirable skills for the Data Analyst ( Looker / Tableau / SQL ) include :
• Experience in a FinTech environment, understanding financial transactions in particular experience with card payment and processor data modelling
• Dbt and/or data modelling experience
• Fivetran, data engineering and ETL systems
• Python or R, pyspark, Databricks
• Version control tools (e.g. GitLab, GitHub) & workflow
• JIRA & agile methodology experience
If you would like to apply for the above Data Analyst ( Looker / Tableau / SQL ) role, please click apply using your updated CV