hackajob has partnered with a group of leading and trusted brands to provide our customers and users with a complete toolkit of the services and products they need to save and grow their money.
Since the launch of their main website in 1989, they've continued to expand their range of products. Today they operate a modern cloud-based technology platform offering security, stability and scalability. With a single view of our 13.1 million customers across their key interactions with us, the sites can serve them better with extraordinary levels of personalisation.
With an investment of over £60m, their Reinvent strategy optimises their customer journeys and leverages their technology platform. Reinvent leads the way for the innovation of price comparison.The Technology Team
Using a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems, their technology team of over 200 colleagues brings our purpose to life. They build, test and deploy the products that help their customers save money and deliver the personalised experience they love. Based across their Manchester, London and Ewloe offices, with roles such as Software Developers, Engineers and Analysts, these dedicated, autonomous teams work with all areas of the business.
Their technology platform brings products from over 800 financial providers to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors to the main site alone. Their weekly tip email is sent to over 12 million people every week, the most read email in the UK from the UK's most advocated brand.
They value new technology and are constantly evolving our platform. Today we use a range of technologies, especially Java Spring Boot Vue.js solutions running in containers on our AWS cloud.Job Specifications:
Engineering Managers are responsible for the engine of delivery. You ensure teams and engineers are high performing, aligned in their direction and building communication and trust. You champion nimble decision-making and help teams take ownership of customer outcomes from project to product. You'll help us to continually improve and drive more ways for our customers to save money.Responsibilities: Within 1 month, you'll:
- Meet your teams and engineers and begin to build relationships.
- Dive into our technology by pair programming with engineers.
- Understand the habits and impediments of the teams you work with.
- Be identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Learn how the company operates, our principles, history and where we're heading.
- Complete our onboarding, training sessions and all the usual gubbins.
You should apply if:
- Collaborate with teams to help drive the strategy and ensure teams are the best they can be.
- Support and mentor developers and QAs and drive our performance culture, holding regular 1:1s so that individuals have specific support, advice and guidance, ensuring we deal with any performance issues quickly and foster a culture of healthy feedback.
- Ensure teams iteratively deliver and break down and prioritise work correctly.
- Make sure our teams are organised effectively and we have the right people working in the right way on the work that matters most.
- Work across the wider engineering community to remove impediments and break down dependencies.
- Help the business be an even more awesome place to be.
- You're experienced working with - and have a passion for - mentoring teams and enabling them to become high performing.
- You love helping engineers to grow and develop, learn better ways of doing things and improve their skills and have demonstrable experience of doing so.
- You're an expert agile software development practitioner, both development practices (e.g. TDD, CI/CD) and ways of working.
- You value building long lasting relationships, can quickly establish trust, inspire individuals and communicate effectively.
- You care about diversity and inclusion and creating an inclusive culture which nurtures diversity of thought.
- You have a growth mindset, love learning how you can get better and fostering this mindset in others.
In addition to salary, they offer a wide range of benefits supporting your lifestyle, your future and your health and wellbeing. These can all be tailored to suit your needs and managed through your own personal benefits hub.
At the heart of our offering are 27 days holiday, a performance-related bonus, life assurance, and a pension scheme.