Live IT support, but for passengers to a parallel universe. You'll be the technical lynchpin helping hundreds of thousands of people journey through virtual reality into the metaverse.
OTHERWORLD is the UK's most popular out-of-home VR experience. Through our growing network of city centre locations, we've welcomed over 50,000 dimension-hoppers to the best that virtual reality has to offer, including Adele, Skepta, KSI, Fnatic and Jonathan Ross.
As 2nd Line Support Engineer, you'll work closely with your colleagues to make our guests' journeys deep into OTHERWORLD as smooth as possible, diagnosing and fixing any technical hitches which come up along the way.
You'll be based in our HQ in Shoreditch, East London, connected to all of our UK locations and systems.
- Monitor the uptime and performance of our on-premises and cloud systems, identifying and acting upon issues
- Handle urgent escalations from our 1st Line Experience Guides, based alongside you in our HQ, and from our location-based Floor Team Members
- Diagnose and fix software issues, by using our in-house tools or by accessing our systems remotely using screen-sharing tools
- Diagnose hardware issues and provide guidance to your location-based colleagues to fix them
- For complex issues, speak to our guests directly via VoIP and provide calm and reassuring support
- Manage the distribution and refurbishment of damaged or malfunctioning VR hardware
- Help new colleagues learn about OTHERWORLD's culture and how we deliver high quality guest experiences
- Provide structured feedback on how guests are interacting with the experience to help our in-house Product teams make OTHERWORLD even better
We'll help you to learn more about the magic which makes VR and OTHERWORLD special. This role is a brilliant development opportunity for those looking to grow their career in immersive entertainment or systems administration. Both full-time and part-time roles are available.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or working towards a Bachelor's from an excellent university in Computer Science, Computing, IT Management or another related subject; or strong A-level results and significant experience working in IT
- Strong understanding and experience in administering Windows systems, ideally including knowledge of PowerShell and Chocolatey
- Commitment to providing our guests with excellent service and immersive experience
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong passion for hospitality, gaming and technology
- Character and attitude to thrive in a start-up environment
- Ability to work varied hours over the week including weekends and evenings
- Right to work in the UK
- £26-32k salary per year (based on a full-time position) plus performance bonus based on your and your team's success
- Fantastic opportunity to work with a leader in a new industry, scaling quickly with VC backing and a growing audience
- Discounts on VR, drinks and food in our venues
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a fast-growing business