Junior Data Scientist £30,000 - £35,000Bristol
SR2 are the talent partner for a Bristol based start-up called Immersive Labs who are on a mission to change the way businesses approach cyber-awareness. Back "way back" when most companies would limit essential cyber skills to their technical teams. Nowadays, with cyber risk becoming a huge problem for a number of businesses, we need to adapt and change our approach. Immersive Labs have built an awesome platform, which consists of dynamic labs and crisis scenarios that anyone can use, it also provides metrics and data for their internal security teams. Clients already include Airbnb, KMPG, Royal Mail, and the NHS.
They've just raised Series C Funding for $75 million which will be used to add new analytical capabilities, more content, and expand internationally to 600 people in the next 2 years. Mind blown yet?
In regards to this position, they're looking for a Junior Data Scientists to join a data team of 11, soon to be 16 who work in a highly collaborative, non-hierarchical way. You will have the chance to learn loads from the current uber talented Data Science team, play with the latest data technology, and help shape the future of Immersive Labs. Your main responsibilities:
Work with the Lead Data Scientist to:
To be successful you will have (please make sure it's on your CV):
- Apply your knowledge of data science to a variety of problems like content recommendations, Outlier detection and Gap Analysis
- Develop machine learning and statistical models, with applications in customer engagement, content recommendation and optimisation
- Build end-to-end data science solutions that drive business outcomes
- Deliver cutting edge predictive analytics or NLP and text mining based solutions
- Analyse large volumes of diverse data, and derive actionable insights
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to understand challenges and propose data science, machine learning and AI solutions
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities
PhD or postgraduate degree in numerate subject such as, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering
Understanding of statistics i.e. statistical distributions, hypothesis testing
Understanding of Data Mining and Feature Engineering techniques
Understanding of Machine Learning Pipelines/Algorithms, particularly unsupervised/semi-unsupervised learning techniques
Knowledge of continuous integration workflows and platforms within Data Science. Understand the importance of versioning
Sound knowledge of Python and SQL
As this is a Junior position you will need to be living in Bristol and willing to visit the office regularly.