Selecta is the largest provider of unattended self-serve coffee and convenience food in Europe, leading the way in vending solutions and specialist coffee services. We are hiring a Field Service Engineer
to join our Technical department and provide high quality service to all customer and actively contributing to the overall improvements to the business by servicing and maintaining equipment to a high standard.
As a Service Engineer your goal is to limit the volume of equipment failure through correct service and maintenance, as a Service Engineer your unlimited goal is for the business to receive zero client complaints regarding technical reliability for machines deemed to be with your area if responsibility.About Selecta
Selecta operates across 16 countries within Europe, serving 12 million people every day. Within the UK we deliver a national service, relied on and trusted by circa 3,500 businesses to serve tasty beverages and snacks at a variety of locations from workplaces to schools, universities and hospitals and everywhere in-between. Our engineers are critical to the operating of our business, ensuring that our machines are well maintained and in working order, so that we can continuously delight our customers.Responsibilities
- To diagnose and repair faults on a complete range of Vending Equipment
- To ensure that whatever possible all work is completed at the first visit ensuring that every effort is made to prevent further breakdowns. If a return visit is necessary to complete any work the return visit must be carried out at the soonest opportunity.
- Continually review multiple fault equipment and ensure that any machine that displays persistent breakdowns is given the highest priority regarding repair.
- To ensure that you always have the job access to the technical manuals/documentation relevant to the equipment that you are servicing/maintaining.
- To attend various Training Courses to assist you to maintain the highest standard of workmanship.
- Maintain good customer relations by adopting a pleasant manner at all times. Adhere to customer procedure e.g. entry/exit from premises and Health & Safety Policies where appropriate.
- Be aware of any potential cases of customer dissatisfaction and take appropriate action (repair machine, seek assistance from Senior Engineer/Service Managers) to avoid the potential becoming actual dissatisfaction.
- Maintain your company vehicle in a road worthy condition in accordance with company procedures. Ensure that your vehicle is kept clean and tidy both inside and out.
- Ability form and maintain a close working relationship with colleagues and clients with a view to providing the best possible service to our clients.
- Willing and able to work on your own initiative
- A full UK driving licence with at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points is essential
- Be customer-focused with a smart and professional appearance.
- Must have strong electrical knowledge/experience - demonstrated through practical work experience or an electrical qualification.
- Have a technical background with strong fault finding and diagnosis skills.
- Be aware of how to work safely on electrical equipment.
Applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK permanently. Please apply for consideration- we look forward to reviewing your CV.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Selecta UK recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.