M&A Tax Associate Director LondonRole Synopsis
Joining Interpath Advisory means joining a dynamic and talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. With no two days the same, we are looking for people who are willing to embrace a challenge and support businesses through adversity and growth. No one type of person succeeds at Interpath Advisory; a diverse business requires a range of personalities and perspectives, strong teamwork and a passion for client success. There really is a place for you here.
Our Tax Services team is looking for an M&A Tax Senior Manager to support the development of our M&A tax practice whilst also supporting on other transactional projects such as restructurings and refinancings.
Building out a market-leading transaction services offering, including M&A tax alongside M&A advisory, corporate finance and valuations practices, is strategically important to achieving our ambitious expansion plans.
Free from audit conflicts, our tax practice benefits from the client-base and market reach of Interpath Advisory. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients, including private investors and corporate groups of all shapes and sizes, ranging from mid-market, owner-managed businesses up to large multinationals, as well as private equity houses, investment funds and institutional investors.Key Accountabilities:
The successful applicant will work autonomously and be able to manage M&A tax engagements on a day-to-day basis. The successful applicant will work closely with the M&A tax and transaction services leadership teams to develop Interpath Advisory's M&A tax business and support the growth of the Interpath Advisory Deals business unit.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to work on broader transactional tax engagements involving restructurings and refinancings.
- Managing tax due diligence and tax structuring engagements to deliver market-leading M&A tax services
- Developing external and internal client and stakeholder relationships to support the delivery and generation of M&A tax opportunities.
- Training and developing junior members of the team to support a continuing high-performance culture and foster a strong team ethic.
- Managing transaction tax engagements in relation to restructurings and refinancings.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- ACA / CTA qualified or equivalent professional tax qualification
The role is suitable for someone who relishes working within a fast-moving environment, can adapt to a range of client engagements and is willing to accept new challenges within a small but growing team to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a combination of technical excellence, strong teamwork skills and the ability to build trusted internal and external relationships.
The successful applicant will:
- Have relevant M&A tax experience including strong tax technical knowledge
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to deal confidently and articulately with clients and internal stakeholders
- Be flexible and pragmatic in managing engagements, proving solutions to client challenges
- Have good project management abilities, being able to juggle multiple tasks and simultaneous projects
- Be capable of operating in a fast-moving environment and enjoy working in a dynamic and supportive team
- Embrace different: - From cultures to mindsets, we welcome them all. Our global presence means we're inclusive by nature and we believe that people are equal, but not the same.
- Do the right thing: - Our comfort zone is uncomfortable; we always make the right decision not what is simply easy or popular. Always consider how to implement these decisions, people will always remember how you made them feel.
- All hands on deck: - We stand shoulder to shoulder with colleagues and clients, be that physically or from afar. Our individual expertise may find them answers, but it is through teamwork that it is implemented.
- Passion drives success: - The impossible is always possible, we push the boundaries of what is expected because we're never satisfied with the status quo. Our clients expect a positive result when they engage with us, and it's only by delivering this that we win.
Do the right thing - Apply!
How to Apply: Please submit a Covering Letter and CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Application deadline: 22/09/2021
Expected start date: Immediate