Company DescriptionWe are Together
Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together
as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.Job Description
The 2nd Line Engineer has responsibility for providing second line technical support to internal Colleagues in the business, working closely with the Service Desk and other technical resolving teams on a day to day basis as necessary. They will be responsible for the resolution of more complex incidents and services requests within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets and may also be involved in leading (or participating in) projects associated with enhancing service provision or introducing new or upgraded technology. They will also be responsible for problem analysis and investigation, working within an ITIL aligned delivery framework.
£25,000 - £30,000 plus bonus and benefits
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Windows 10 desktop builds within MS Intune and VM templates within Hyper-V/VMware, and device provision from them for all new starters
- Assist the IT Service Manager with documenting, presenting and gaining approval for improvements to the companies desktop strategy and working on implementation of it
- Manage the 2nd line support queue professionally and efficiently, prioritizing and resolving calls in line with SLAs whilst maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Ensuring accurate records are kept on actions taken within the ticket management system, including assignment of hardware within the asset management sub-section
- Providing 1st and 2nd Line support for all Colleagues via phone, email, remote capability or face-to-face, undertaking in-depth diagnosis, escalating to 3rd Line support where applicable
- Technical escalation point, pro-actively supporting and mentoring 1st Line colleagues
- Actively managing customer expectations during the resolution of an incident, ensuring that user experience is optimized
- Responsible for creating and storing detailed knowledge articles, suggesting improvements to delivering self-help to the business
- Technical resource for participating in design and implementation of technical projects, working collaboratively with other technical teams to accelerate completion ensuring accurate documentation
- Responsible for undertaking daily service checks
- Compliance with associated policies, processes and procedures
- Understanding the Change Control process, raising the relevant change controls to submit for approval where necessary
- Experience in a 2nd Line support role
- Demonstrable pro-active skills
- Motivated, self-driven individual, capable of working on own initiative
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Track record of a positive approach to learning and development
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales and changing priorities
- Experience of working in an ITIL aligned environment
- Confident written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft MCSA Windows 10 or Windows server certification
- Microsoft Azure fundamentals certification
- ITIL foundation certification
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment, ideally the Financial Services industry
- IT related degree
- Experience of a terminal services or Citrix environment
Technical experience that includes:
Additional InformationAdditional Information
- Working knowledge of common server-side technologies such as Windows 10, Windows Server, Active Directory, MS Azure, Remote Desktop Services, PowerShell, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN, Dynamics CRM, Exchange 2016
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager suite including MS Intune, Windows Autopilot, Desktop Analytics, Configuration Manager, Co-management, Azure AD
- Virtualization technologies including management and maintenance of Hyper-V & VMware environments - creating and maintaining templates and virtual machines
- Understanding and Development of development virtual servers
- Office 2013/2016 and Microsoft 365 including Office 365, MS Teams, Dynamics (CRM)
- Proven ability to create clear and comprehensive testing and technical documentation
- Advanced experience with the configuration and installation of new hardware and software such as laptops & PCs utilising Autopilot for provisioning.
- Understanding of Back-up technologies (Evault), carry out file restores
- Supporting Apple Mac Devices (Laptops, Time capsule - backups).
- Experienced in using Encryption software (Bitlocker/File Vault - Mac)
- Understanding of Apple iOS to support company devices
- Understanding of role based access control (RBAC)
- Experience with SFTP user setup & support
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday - entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
*please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.