- Analyse feature requirements;
- Design and implement solutions that meet requirements in terms of functionality and performance;
- Write quality algorithms and code in C++/Java/C#;
- Investigate and fix client and server bugs efficiently;
- Develop cross platform solutions (consoles, PC, mobile devices);
- Remain available for possible short field engineering trips around the globe to provide first line support to clients;
- Ability to implement optimal solutions in term of material resources management, especially in networking;
- Coach junior programmers and support their development in the team;
- Participate and contribute proactively to the team spirit and projects in general.
- Work with game teams to integrate online features from backend solutions to game client integration.
Lead Online Services ProgrammerExperience & Qualifications
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent
- +6 years of experience in video game or telecommunications/network;
- Experience with TCP/IP, sockets, Web Services
- Experience with QA concepts such as unit and regression tests
- Good knowledge of the Xbox live services and PSN (End-user, API and TCR), an asset
- Experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL), an asset
- Experience with game client integration of online features
Motivations & Interests
- Excellent C++ and Java skills
- Strong OOD skills
- Cross platform development an asset
- C# and .Net knowledge an asset
- Experience with security mechanism such as encryption, authentication, secured sockets and anti-cheat
- An approach oriented on Client Satisfaction (Production Teams)
- Capacity to organize your own work
- Capacity to be a team player
- A desire to push back the boundaries of video game technology is required
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected
- Be a good communicator
- Ambition and passion for video games are essential!
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
[Square Enix are committed to keeping our employees safe. We are listening closely to government guidelines, and this role will be based remotely until the company sees fit to return to the office. This role will be based in our Blackfriars Studio in London, upon return.]