Do you want to be part of an established agency that delivers and supports exciting digital projects for a fantastic range of clients? Do you want to work with a close- knit team of driven, enthusiastic people, who have a passion for what they do, and believe in having fun whilst they do it? Then we might be just what you've been looking for... What we're looking for...
We're on the lookout for an experienced .Net Developer to join our talented team, who are committed to delivering quality digital solutions that make our clients shine. You will have an unmatched passion for technology, systems, coding and the web, will relish taking on new challenges, and will love collaborating with others to solve interesting problems. What you'll be doing...
You'll be working with colleagues as part of a multifaceted team of developers and designers, and with project management and client services teams, to deliver an exciting variety of projects for a wide range of clients: from web applications, ecommerce and CMS-driven websites, to CRM systems and integration components.
Your work will be critical to the development, implementation and support of our clients' digital projects. In addition, you'll have opportunities to take an active part in the full lifecycle of projects, from specification stage onwards. We'll expect you all the while to stay on the ball when it comes to best practice and evolving industry trends, standards and technologies and, of course, to share your knowledge with your fellow team members - in return for which, you can expect to learn plenty from them. What we need from you...
We're looking for someone who'll fit right in with what we do and how we do it here at Element78.
That means you'll need to be:
- A problem-solver: proactively using your analytical and logical thinking to understand our clients' needs, identify their problems and come up with dazzling digital solutions.
- Great to work with: a team player who helps to create a culture of collaboration and trust, communicates with honesty and respect, stays calm under pressure, takes responsibility for their work, and knows how to have fun!
- Flexible: embracing change by proactively adapting what you do, how you do it and how you work with others.
- A bright spark: bringing enthusiasm, drive and positivity to everything you do, actively seeking opportunities to push yourself, learn along the way, and share your learning with others.
- An outstanding communicator: sharing knowledge and ideas and communicating with others clearly, professionally and positively clearly, using the right style and the right channels, as well as listening carefully and thoughtfully to others.
- A little bit obsessive: honing and caring about every little detail, to produce great quality, consistent, and efficient work.
- Organised: expertly managing your time and balancing a varied and ever-changing workload as well as responding to others' needs, to ensure that deadlines and expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
As far as your current skills and experience go, this is what we're looking for: What we need:
• Decent experience working as a .NET developer
• Solid skills in:
o Umbraco 7+
o DevOps Automation e.g. MS DevOps
o Server/Hosting Environments e.g. MS Azure, Windows Server with IIS
o System integrations e.g. Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, SagePay, PayPal, etc
o C# with NET Framework 4.0+
o Relational Databases e.g. MS SQL
o Testing and Debugging
o Documentation e.g. Specification writing, procedure writing
o MVC & Razor
o Logging e.g. log4net
o HTML A good working knowledge of:
o Source Control Systems e.g. Git (via MS DevOps), TFS
o Web protocols e.g. HTTP, FTP, SSL, DNS, SMTP
o Dependency Injection e.g. Ninject, Unity, Castle
o Semi-Automated Deployment
o ORM Frameworks
o Command Line Interfaces
o .NET CoreWhat you'll get from us...
We trust and empower our people to work where and when they are most productive and happy - giving them the autonomy and flexibility they need to do their best work .
We pride ourselves on making sure that every member of the team knows how important they are. This means you can look forward to the kind of rewards, benefits and opportunities that will really make you feel valued.
As well as paying you a competitive salary, we'll make sure you're well rewarded in all other kinds of ways, including:
- Great holiday allowance:33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), (which goes up once you've been with us for 5 years).
- 100% remote with flexibility based on trust and autonomy
- Active support of your skills and knowledge progression
- A supported volunteering scheme - helping you to help others
- Specific learning budgets to support your growth and development
- Home office set up: we'll provide the tools to make your workspace work for you
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail and online discounts
- Fair recompense for overtime: we don't want it to happen very often, but if you do work overtime, we'll never expect you to do it for nothing!
- Pension scheme
- Cashback Healthcare plan
- An Employee Assistance Programme
We like to have fun, but we take the development of every Element78 team member very seriously: without you, we're nothing! This means that you'll have:
Diversity and inclusion:
- Full induction training when you join us.
- Regular catch ups and reviews to ensure we're supporting your development and progression.
- Ongoing opportunities for in-house and external mentoring, training and development.
- The chance to get really involved with, and learn from, the kind of meaty projects that, as an experienced agency with an impressive client list, we spend our time doing.
At Element78 we're committed to diversity and inclusivity. We welcome and value different approaches and perspectives to ensure everyone feels empowered to bring their whole, authentic selves to work and feel at home with us.