At Current Health, we're building technology and services to identify disease onset and bring treatment straight to the patient. When you join our team, you embark on solving some of the toughest problems our society faces, delivering a platform that directly saves lives. If you want to solve really hard problems, if you want to work in an intense, fast-paced environment where you get to touch and change real-lives on a daily basis, if you are driven to do things better, then we want to know you. The last year has shown that the home can be the best place to receive care. As a result, Current Health has seen massive growth including doubling our team size to more than 100 employees and increasing annual revenue by over 3,000%. In that same time, we've grown our customer base by 5x, and are now working with some of the largest health systems and pharma companies around the world to deliver healthcare at home.The Ideal Candidate
You will be an experienced Electronics Engineer, who can take complicated problems and user needs then devise, document and deliver solutions to satisfy our product, system and regulatory needs.
As our devices are part of a health technology platform that is used by thousands of medical professionals and their patients globally, you should possess experience of structured design and development processes, ideally within a regulated environment. Strong analytical skills and clear communication are critical to working effectively as part of a remotely-located design and development team.About The Role
You will design, develop and support electronic systems that deliver consistent and accurate patient data. You will develop solutions that will acquire patient data and integrate data from third-party devices into our system.
You will play a key role in the support and development of electronic solutions for our existing and new products. You will be involved in all stages of the design and delivery process. You will design, develop and deliver solutions that meet our product and quality goals. You will work closely with the Hardware Team, Supply Chain Team, Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Partners, QA/RA Team and Product Manager(s). You will take ownership for the effective and timely delivery of solutions, whilst supporting other team members, including Embedded Systems engineers, as appropriate.Technologies and tools you'll use
- Rigid and flexi-rigids PCBAs containing surface mount Micro-BGAs and 0201 devices,
- Altium Designer,
- ARM Cortex-M devices,
- BLE / WiFi modules and antennas,
- Photoplethysmography (PPG), HR, SpO2, capacitive and temperature sensing,
- Digital Signal Processing,
- LiPo Battery Management,
- DC-DC converters,
- Git and GitHub,
- Embedded C,
- IoT technologies.
Good to Have
- A minimum of three years experience in the design, implementation and manufacturing test of small-signal analogue sensing circuits, digital circuits and mixed-signal circuits, using high-density PCB components and technologies.
- Be an experienced creator of schematics, BoMs and PCB layout for circuits as above, preferably using Altium Designer.
- Ability to design for EMC compliance, including experience of EMC testing.
- Knowledge of wireless antenna constraints, including WiFi and BLE.
- Designed systems for low power operation.
- Experience of designing to manufacturing constraints.
- Knowledge of lithium Ion battery charging techniques.
- Have worked to recognised quality standards such as ISO90001 / ISO13485 (experience of medical standards preferred).
- Skills in circuit-level simulation, prototyping, debug and modification (using SPICE, test equipment, hand soldering, etc.)
- Ability to resolve issues including those related to architecture (performance, power), production (manufacturing, quality) and development (schematic design, PCB layout, integration).
- Experience of collaborating with other designers, engineers, manufacturers, sales and marketing, product managers and customers to solve design issues and preserve design intent.
- A desire to apply user-centred design principles within product development and strive for excellence.
- Competence to develop test tools and software to aid in hardware development and test.
- Skills in analysing sensor data using tools such as Python, MatLab and Excel.
- Experience designing test fixtures for manufacturing and development.
- Experience with embedded systems and have a working knowledge of firmware development in C or similar.
- Spec your own environment
- Salary Exchange Pension scheme (5% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- 2 x Life Assurance cover
- Critical Illness cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- £10 pcm flex pot to use toward benefits in our Benni benefits portal
- On call allowance (Only payable if and for so long as you provide on call services)
- Flexible, autonomous working environment
- Bike to work scheme
- Give as you earn through payroll
- Monthly snack box