About the Royal Over-Seas League (ROSL):
The Royal Over-Seas League is a not-for-profit international membership organisation dedicated to championing international friendship and understanding. We support the careers of artists and musicians from across the world through our renowned ROSL ARTS programme. ROSL's 11,500 members enjoy a range of benefits including use of our historic Grade I listed clubhouse with luxury accommodation in the heart of Mayfair, London, and a range of concerts, exhibitions and talks throughout the year. The role: Marketing Coordinator
We are seeking a dynamic, personable and experienced marketing professional to proactively deliver creative solutions, project manage campaigns, assisting in managing digital and social media content, whilst working across the business to achieve our marketing, communications, sales and fundraising objectives, in line with the overall business strategy.
The ROSL Marketing Coordinator assists the Membership, Sales and Communications teams in the development and effective implementation of on and offline marketing and promotional strategies - drive brand awareness, actively champion the brand internally and externally, raise our profile with new audiences (professional, public, members, donors), proactively drive engagement with members and increase the use of our restaurants and bars, bedrooms and event hire spaces. Main duties:
Your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Understand brand guidelines and consistently implement the brand voice, tone and style across all marketing content
- Develop and implement tactical multi-channel marketing plans to support membership recruitment of target audiences
- Assist in driving engagement with online audiences; working closely with the Head of Comms to coordinate and manage social media activity and schedules across ROSL channels and venue hire brand, maintaining accurate and compelling content on digital channels.
- Maintain accurate and compelling content on the venue hire brand website and assist in maintaining the ROSL website, and contributing to the planning and delivery of a future upgraded ROSL website.
- Working in collaboration with the D-G office to maximise engagement and promotion opportunities with partner organisations, corporates and reciprocal clubs
- Maximise engagement and promotion opportunities with partner organisations, in particular within the St James' and Mayfair locality of the clubhouse.
- Support departments to develop and implement marketing campaigns to generate new audiences/business for the events programme, bedrooms, food and beverage and venue hire
- Streamline and blend department strategies where possible into wider business strategy
- Support departments by facilitating/creating effective publicity materials - printed collateral, advertising, digital content
- Liaise with relevant design, print, mailing house suppliers
- Provide regular reports and analysis on campaigns and activities using systems including Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Write promotional copy for newsletters, Overseas magazine and the website
- Assist at events throughout the year, including the Open House weekend
- Conduct show-arounds of the London clubhouse to members and potential members
- Photography of events and general happenings within the Clubhouse and maintaining the ROSL image library including new staff, events, and images of the clubhouse
- Using the membership database to note specific member enquiries/reciprocal card requests/issues
- Opportunities to write articles for the Overseas magazine
- To act on your responsibilities detailed in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To attend any Statutory Fire, Health & Safety and other mandatory training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning Fire, Health & Safety, Security and GDPR.
· While working for the ROSL there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, members and employees. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Employee Handbook & your terms & conditions for full details.Additional Information:
- As the Club's level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
As the ideal candidate you are a team player, creative, enthusiastic, articulate and methodical; with a hands-on approach and a willingness to participate in all aspects of ROSL. You must display an excellent awareness and understanding of ROSL and all the benefits.
This is very much a pro-active role that requires these essential qualities:
How To Apply:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- At least two years' experience in a marketing and/or membership recruitment role
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of social media and digital marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copy-writing and accurate proof-reading
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and under own initiative
- Excellent time and project management
- Energy, enthusiasm, proactive and positive approach to work
- Commercially intelligent, professional attitude
- Mac and PC literate - Microsoft Office, email marketing software, and ideally, InDesign and PhotoShop
- Ideally, an interest in either the arts, music, heritage or membership environment
Please send a CV and application letter (the letter should be max 2 pages), addressing how your experience matches person specification and job description