Datacentre Team Leader - Newport, South Wales - £30,000Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
As the Team Leader within a Data Centre, you as the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills.
- Provide remedial/break/fix services to a wide range of industry Server & Storage products.
- Technical Management of all incidents, change requests and system alerts, through to resolution using Service Now.
- Proactive & work with client on equipment installs / decommission projects and ensure full life cycle tracking of all Hardware/Assets via Service Now.
- Maintain High quality documentation & knowledge base articles.
- Assist client with tracking & planning works within the Data Centre.
- Mentor all members of the team and provide on job training & suggest online training courses.
- Support & assist onsite 1st & 2nd level teams, with their daily tasks as required.
You will be required to undertake an in-depth Financial, Criminal, & Educational Background Security checking procedure.
- Use of Service Now (SNOW) , Asset / CMDB /Reporting essential
- Understanding of Assets and hardware lifecycle & use SNOW to record/add/update/change/remove all site assets
- Comfortable using various communication tools, such as Outlook, Teams, Slack, Webex & similar.
- Creation & maintenance of team documents & processes / creating & understanding process diagrams and procedural documents.
- Use of KVM equipment to load/update sever configs.
- Excellent customer relationship skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within contract SLA's
- Ability to work in a busy team.
- Ability to mentor and train members of the team.
- Understanding of cable labelling.
- Experience of cable tracing.
- A good understanding of DC infrastructure and environment.
Please apply for further information..