Belmond has a fantastic opportunity for a Assistant Financial Controller to join our British Pullman Finance team based in London. The role involves supporting the Financial Controller with the Financial Reporting for the British Pullman and will be responsible for assisting on the day-to-day accounting and reporting.Responsibilities
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly, quarterly management accounts, cash flows, forecasts and budgets in both local and Group GAAP.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for Belmond British Pullman.
- Working with the appropriate HOD's, ensure that all Inventory counts are carried out per policy and that Workday and the stock management system are updated.
- Control of the revenue generated on board the train.
- Assist in the preparation of Capex requests and maintenance of Fixed Asset Register.
- Processing a proportion of the monthly supplier invoices, setting up payment runs & raising customer invoices.
- Petty cash/Debtors Control.
- Assist the FC in implementing policies, rules, internal controls, and safeguards that ensure profitability and control of operations, liaison with HODs and the business's external and internal auditors.
COVID- 19 Precautions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a busy finance department
- Accurate data entry skills, intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience in balance sheets and familiarity of accounting systems
- A confident communicator who can relay financial information to all relevant stakeholders
- Experience in Account Preparation
- We will require the successful candidate to work in a hybrid work environment
- The safety and wellbeing of our team members is a priority, which is why we have amended our ways of working to safely comply with COVID-19 requirements.
- Salary- £26,000-£28,000 per annum
- Company benefits