The&Partnership is both the UK's largest and Europe's fastest-growing independent agency network. Backed by WPP and spanning four continents, with 1,500 staff, the multi-disciplined agency group last year saw a year of record growth, expanding across 17 new European markets and doubling in size against a challenging industry backdrop.
It attributes this rapid expansion to the success of its in-sourced '&Model' agencies, with multi-disciplined teams working collaboratively with clients' marketing departments in new, nimble ways, to a single bottom line; delivering data-driven work to fit new marketing agendas.
Designed to meet clients' growing need for maximum speed, agility, cost-effectiveness and integration, these multi-disciplined '&Model' agencies are driving impressive results for clients including News UK in London, The Wall Street Journal in New York, TELUS in Canada, RBS in Edinburgh, as well as Toyota and Lexus across 17 markets in Europe. The background
As Toyota's European agency of record, we are helping them on a transformation journey to make the most of CRM and marketing automation in achieving their goal of maximizing customer lifetime value. We are also working directly with a number of their local markets in CRM - and this role will be equally split between Toyota Europe and Toyota GB.The role
We are looking for a CRM strategist to develop CRM and marketing automation programmes for Toyota Europe and Toyota GB - splitting their time equally between the two.
These programmes cover the whole spectrum of automotive CRM including vehicle launch campaigns, customer acquisition and nurture campaigns as well as in-life programmes across the customer lifecycle.
Whilst email is the primary channel currently used, as part of a fully integrated agency team across advertising, paid media and social - the aim is to develop personalized comms that transcend channels and make full use of the data available.
The CRM strategist will be the main 'owner' of the programmes they work on, but will have the support and guidance of an experienced CRM strategy director, as well as working closely with a data strategist and account lead to ensure the programmes meet the needs of both business and the customer. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills Required
- To work collaboratively as the 'CRM specialist' on integrated agency campaigns for Toyota Europe including vehicle launch or aftersales campaigns
- To work as the CRM comms planner responding to CRM briefs from Toyota GB to support specific campaigns or to meet the different needs of customers throughout their car buying and ownership cycle
- To identify relevant audiences and develop contact strategies for each, taking into account both the business and audience needs
- To have an understand of what's possible from a data, tech and organizational perspective at both Toyota Europe and Toyota GB
- To develop customer journeys that help the client become more 'omni-channel' in approach, making the most of the tech and data available
- To develop creative briefs and work with creatives and account handlers to ensure work is on brand, on brief, and makes the most of the channel potential
- To work with the data strategists on the evaluation of campaigns, identifying opportunities for enhancement and improvement
- To help support activities that increase 'maturity' in CRM and marketing automation across Europe - whether this is sharing best practice from within Toyota, the industry or outside the category
- To work independently but also collaboratively with T&P colleagues from other disciplines plus clients and team members from other agencies
- Once strategy is approved, to work with our creatives as well as those of partner agencies to champion effective creative work that audiences value
- Solid CRM (email marketing) planning experience
- Experience of developing integrated comms strategies across the customer journey
- An understanding of the role of customer data and the value that can be obtained from it
- Excellent time management skills to be able to prioritise own workload around deadlines
- The ability to inspire excellent creative work, developing trusted relationships with creative teams
- Experience with, or at least an interest in or understanding of Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other marketing automation tools would be a plus
- Experience in automotive - or another category that has a 'customer lifecycle' (e.g. telco or utilities) - would be a bonus
- Collaborative team player
- Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, business
- Self-starting, proactive and focused on delivering excellent creative output
- Able to balance voicing opinions with an ability to listen, learn and adapt
- Solution- and results-focused
- Calm under pressure