We connect ideas, people and communities to drive innovation that changes lives.
Innovation is complex. The journey from idea to market is not straightforward and requires a diverse range of know-how, investment, market knowledge and research. KTN exists to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking - accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions.
The future holds both challenges and opportunities. We are passionate about working with innovative businesses to overcome these challenges and shape the opportunities and solutions that follow.
Our vision is to create a network of innovators so powerful its ideas will change the world.
While business is at the heart of our work, our diverse connections span government, funders, research and the third sector. This unrivalled overview and connectivity enable us to be a trusted guide through a complex global landscape of research, development and innovation. Over the next five years, we will build collaborations at a local, national and global level.
Purpose of the role
To assist the Head of Integrated Systems to deliver an effective, efficient and robust IT function to support the operations of KTN Limited. Provide IT 1st line support to all of KTN staff in a professional and timely manner. Offering advice and guidance where appropriate and required.Responsibilities
- Providing fast and effective 1st line IT support, face to face and remote, in line with KTN Ltd policies and best practice.
- Providing support to the Head of Integrated Systems and Operational team as required.Maintain, update and help audit the IT asset management system.Accurately cross-reference all IT systems and update accordingly.
- Provide help, training and advice as required.
- Fully document all requests and update solutions and FAQ's via helpdesk tools.
- Keep track and ownership of new starter and leaver requests.
- Setup new starters IT assets and software.
- Assist with training new starters as required.
- Make sure all assets are returned in a timely manner.
- Ensure leavers accounts are closed in line with security policy whilst liaising with HR / Line manager Manage workload efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to travel to other offices if required.
- Worked in a commercial environment supporting iOS and macOS and Apple hardware with relevant services (essential).
- Good knowledge supporting Google Workspace (G Suite) and or Office 365 (essential).
- Understanding and experience of managing iOS and macOS via MDM (essential).
- Knowledge and uses of IT ticketing and asset management systems (desirable).
- Mac support and MDM certification (desirable).
- Highly analytical with good problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships.
- High level of attention to detail in keeping accurate and up to date records at all times.
- High degree of empathy to end users and ability to explain complicated matters simply.
- Knowledge of printer and AV setups.Knowledge of basic IT concepts (DNS, DHCP etc.).
- Self-motivated and strong team player with a drive to continue own development.Positive 'can do' attitude with the flexibility to support KTNs varied user base.
- This role has a salary range of £25,000 to £30,000 pa dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your resumé outlining your experience.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder will be based out of our London office and from home.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.