About The DCX Tribe
Our DCX (Digital Customer Experience) Tribe is responsible for creating market-leading customer experiences across all of our digital touchpoints, and we have a track record of doing just that. Over the years we've been early adopters of trends that are now the norm across the industry, including; the adoption of mobile (both web and app), embracing UX as a core discipline, product ratings and reviews and experimentation to name just a few. Now it's time for us to go again...
Working in the Digital Customer Experience tribe you will be part of the Infrastructure and Global Services squad. Our vision is to provide world-class digital ecommerce platform support to product teams developing new features and services for The Very Group and our customers across multiple channels web, mobile and native apps.
As a digital platform squad we want to create a foundation of self-service APIs, tools, platforms, services, knowledge & support which are arranged as a compelling internal product so our product teams can make use of the platform to deliver product features at a higher pace, with reduced co-ordination.About Your Role
The role of Senior Platform Engineer is to focus on delivering highly available, scalable and performant enterprise solutions on IAAS/PAAS/SAAS platforms. Here you will be supporting our migration to a new state of the art digital commerce platform using microservices and serverless technologies.
By working with our wider teams you'll help us in transforming our business and help deliver solutions and methodologies following best practice. As part of this role you'll help the team Identifying the best technologies and services upon consideration of our business needs, constraints and strategies.
There will be elements of supporting the maintenance and operation of our legacy Ecommerce platform as well supporting and coaching other Platform Engineers within the team.Requirements
Nice to have
- You'll know how to debug a complex, high availability production environment.
- Already have commercial experience of using AWS Services including EC2, ECS, Serverless (Lambda)
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration systems Jenkins.
- Experience using Containers
- Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- An understanding of security techniques including Firewalls/Security Groups, Threat Modelling, Dependency Management
- Networking knowledge Load balancing, CDN
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Experience of Akamai
- Experience of Oracle Commerce ATG
- An appreciation of Programming languages Java, Python, JS (Node, React)
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code including Cloud Formation, Terraform and Atlantis
- Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (AppDynamics, Elastic, Grafana)
- Experience with relational databases and other stores, especially around optimising their performance
- Git and GitOps Experience using Bitbucket and GitLab.
- Experience of PowerShell, Unix Scripting
We're The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We're the UK's largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we've been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we've consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes - going from bricks to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we've never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We've continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak - and we've done it by transforming the way we work.
We're fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We'll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.Benefits
How To Apply
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5 days
- Additional flexible benefits allowance £1,000 (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Generous scalable bonus (based on individual and company performance)
- Matched pension up 6%
- 1x Life Assurance
- Flexible working - remote vs on-site
- Self-development time
- Brand discount - up to 25%
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Free on-site parking subject to postcode and availability
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams or Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in, please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.