We're on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation - bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience - we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed. This has enabled hiring teams to be 2.5x more efficient and reduce average time to hire to just 4 days, all whilst delivering a brilliant candidate experience. This has resulted in more than 90,000 candidates being connected to 3,000 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Starling Bank and Goodlord, to name a few.
The team has grown from 3 to 40 and we've attracted more than £8m of investment from high-calibre investors including The Adecco Group, Hambro Perks, Chris Bruce and Michael Whitfield (Thomson Online Benefits).
We're now looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Developer
This successful candidate will;
- Be a core individual contributor to product feature development across our entire stack
- Help develop and drive Tempo's technical vision, policy, and guidelines we are focussed on making Tempo easy, fun and build-able for even the most junior programmers.
- Collaborate regularly with the entire engineering team
- Extensive demonstrable commercial experience in a software engineering team.
- Experience with (or at least knowledge of) most of the following concepts/technologies
- React (15 and 16+)
- SOLID Design Principles
- Functional Programming techniques (e.g. immutability, map/reduce, point-free)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- We are also keen on people with knowledge of microservice architecture, event-driven architecture, type-driven design, domain-driven design & test-driven development.
- We expect a 50/50 split between front and back end focus with some flexibility depending on the candidate
Passionate about developing their craft and about keeping abreast of new technologies and trends in the industry (especially clean code and architectural techniques).A consummate and dedicated communicator, able to work well across a diverse team, willing to learn and consider others' opinions; constantly seeking feedback, mentoring peers and juniors.Motivated by Tempo's mission and vision to change the world of work; not solely by career opportunity.
We value diversity so we're not looking to hire people that will just "fit" our team, we want people who will positively contribute to it and bring something different. Applicants from all backgrounds are very welcome, and if there are any adjustments you need to help you bring your best self to an interview with us please let us know.
Please note This role has been reposted as we're updating our careers site, so if you've already applied don't worry we still have your application!BenefitsWellbeing
- Unlimited holiday
- 24/7 unlimited counselling for you and your family
- Digital GP on demand
- Salary insurance for up to 2 years if you are sick/injured
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders / option to become one if you wish
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Progression reviews and career planning meetings twice a year
- Regular salary and promotion reviews
- Regular team events and socials - from summer parties and sports days to virtual magic shows and cook alongs
- Diversity and Inclusion training for all, as standard
- Hybrid office/home model with most people in the office 2/3 days a week
- High spec laptop and generous budget for at home office equipment
- This is a re-posting of a previously advertised role - we thought it would be useful to inform you of this if you have applied previously