*This position is remote/home office based but does require some customer site visits and so is ideally located anywhere in the Midlands or Northern England*
PreSales Technical Consultant /Sales Engineer
Arcserve is seeking an entrepreneurial, goal-orientated PreSales Consultant/Sales Engineer for UK. We're looking for motivated self-starters interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic sales environment. The PreSales Consultant is responsible for positioning and proving Arcserve products and solutions address partners' and clients' business and IT needs. This is accomplished by having a solid understanding of our products and solutions and a solid knowledge of our technologies around our solutions and partners business.
- Become technical hands-on expert in the Arcserve product family for Backup, Replication and High Availability
- Master the products' features, architecture, design, compatibility, best practices and high-level competitive comparison
- Assist in-house & field sales colleagues as well as external Partners (technical & commercial) in their sales opportunities to new customers and for upgrades from previous versions
Help prospects in the sales cycle from lead / opportunities through POC to closure.
- Become a skilled IT Trainer and communicator, presenting and teaching technical topics as well as product details to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Note: This role is based in UK with up to 40% of travel requirements for meetings and training.
Desired previous experience:
- Hands-on technical positions in server room / data centre environments or 2nd /3rd level Tech Support across heterogeneous environments with Windows +Unix/Linux, virtual / physical, IT Administrator role, Domain / AD, networking / VPNs etc.
- In-depth hands-on experience with virtualization solutions, especially VMware vSphere / ESX, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, KVM Hypervisors
- Knowledge of backup solutions such as Arcserve Backup / UDP, Veeam, Veritas Backup Exec / NetBackup, IBM TSM, EMC (Legato) Networker, CommVault Simpana, Acronis, Datto etc.
- Knowledge of High Availability solutions such as SQL Always ON, Oracle RAC, Windows Clustering
- Disaster recovery and data retention planning, including full site failure procedures i.e. Runbooks
- Knowledge about data storage technologies such as Fibre Channel SAN, NAS Filers ( NFS + SMB ), iSCSI, shared Tape Libraries, NDMP, VVOLs, Nutanix DSF etc.
- Implementation and administration of on prem and cloud based applications such as M365, Exchange, Lotus Domino, SQL, Oracle (Win/Unix/Linux), IIS, SharePoint, MS Dynamics, SAP Hana.
- Backup implementation and operation
- Previous roles in Technical Pre-Sales, Sales, working with Channel Partners and/or as Technical Trainer
- Minimum required: English as a native speaker
- Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience