Have you ever been in insurance limbo, waiting weeks for your claim to be resolved, wondering if your insurance will cover you in your time of need? We have too. But that's all about to change...
At Sprout.ai, we're challenging the insurance status quo with our rapid claims automation and advanced fraud detection, all using our groundbreaking AI. Our mission is to provide peace of mind to insurance customers when they need it the most, by giving insurers the power to settle claims in under 24 hours, quickly, securely, and with total confidence.
Our Contextual AI harnesses data from an array of sources, and utilises our own proprietary machine learning technology to enrich the data and output a recommendation in a matter of minutes. The result lower costs for insurers and superior service for customers, giving you reassurance when you need it most.
Founded in 2018, our solutions are already being used by some of the world's biggest insurers, including Zurich, MetLife and Generali, and we have backing from some of Europe's leading VCs (Amadeus Capital Partners, Playfair Capital, Techstars).
But this is just the beginning, and we want you to be part of the growth story, from seed to Sprout!
We're building a product with data at its core. In order to do so, we're looking for an exceptional Senior Python Engineer who can play a foundational role in our story and help define our software engineering strategy from this early stage.
As part of a tech team of data and software specialists, you will play a pivotal role in building high quality tested software libraries, task queues and APIs that form the core of our business. You'll be able to drive the design of software to provide innovative solutions that model the data and processes required to support our machine learning algorithms. If you're curious about machine learning or would like to be exposed to deep learning then this role is for you - we have a world class team of deep learning engineers and data scientists using cutting edge techniques who are happy to pass on their knowledge.
We've built a small but highly-productive team of problem solvers, tech enthusiasts, keen learners and collaborators. We value ambition, curiosity, diversity, and a team-first approach, with no room for egos. We operate an incredibly flat structure and you will work closely with everyone from Founders to ICs, in an environment that offers accelerated opportunities for learning and growth.Responsibilities
- Design and build our software as part of a team that models data and processes to support our NLP and OCR machine learning pipelines
- Build high quality, tested libraries, task queues and APIs that will form the core of our product offering for years to come.
- Help define and establish what best practice in software engineering should look like at Sprout - work with leadership to shape the principles which will define the Tech team at Sprout as we scale.
- Grow into a leader within the Tech team, and share your knowledge through mentoring and leadership with other members of the team
- Provide expert advice to junior engineers and other teams
- Lead and contribute to design and architecture discussions with everyone from CTO to Data Scientists and beyond.
- Work collaboratively across Tech and the wider business to build products our customers love!
- Required technical skills and knowledge
- Strong Python and programming architecture (SOLID) skills including a good understanding of object oriented design and standards such as PEP 8
- Experience of Test-Driven Development and other QA practices
- Understanding of automated deployment practices such as continuous integration and related technologies such as containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker)
- RDBMS experience including knowledge of SQL and schema design - we use Postgres but open to other experience
- Knowledge of API technologies and protocols such as HTTP/REST and related structured payload formats such as JSON or XML
- Knowledge of secure access control such as JWTs or API keys and related standards such as OAuth
We'd love it if you also had exposure to
- Integration with SSO systems such as Okta or Active directory
- Task queues/messaging (e.g. Celery/RabbitMQ/Kafka) and pipeline orchestration (e.g. Airflow, Luigi) technologies
- Working with machine learning libraries especially deep learning libraries such as Pytorch or Keras are also advantageous. Other relevant libraries such as Huggingface, AllenNLP, Spacy, Pandas, Numpy and Tesseract.
Proven experience in a relevant software engineering roleKnowledge of working in regulated environments with compliance at their core - you strive to make compliance part of engineering culture, with a 'think before you build' approach.Strong architecture and design skills - the ability to lead and contribute to design discussions and propose solutions to complex design problems.Awareness of system design including load and resilience techniques such as load balancing and high availabilityExperience of a product driven organisation and iterative development methodologies such as AgileStartup mindset - we move quickly, we like to get things done and we like building for scale; we have huge ambitions but the journey ahead of us to get to that point may not always be smooth.Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Sprout.ai Equity
- Unlimited Holiday
- Your choice of equipment
- Remote and flexible working
- A dynamic and collaborative working culture
- All the excitement of a high-growth startup, and the opportunity to shape something from the beginning!