VoCoVo Company Overview
Every day, 50,000 people in 5,000 locations are doing business using VoCoVo technology. Our devices connect and deliver technology to deskless and remote workers.
VoCoVo is a leading voice & technology challenger brand. Many of Britain's biggest household names rely on our voice communication technology to connect their workforces like Tesco, Co-Op and Primark. We work with big names, but we operate a lean team. 50 of our 80 employees work in Research and Development, leading the way in developing voice-activated software products for business.
We're now ranked 5th in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100. We know we can better that.
Our year-on-year growth has been exponential, up 2,500% in the last 4 years and it's still accelerating. We can better that too. In 2021 our ambition is to expand further into the European and North American marketplaces.
We're ambitious and we like a challenge.
We are looking for a Product Owner (software) who has the skills to spot potential new product opportunities, understand customer needs and brief our agile development teams to bring the products of tomorrow to market.
The role will suit an experienced professional seeking an opportunity where they can achieve a personal best, as well as a company best. We back those who challenge us and in return we take care of their welfare and wellbeing.
We offer challenge, autonomy, personal growth and success.
We require commitment, high performance, integrity and personal responsibility. We are seeking a Product Owner who can match our game - and raise it.Purpose of the role
Reporting to Head of Product, you will be the product lead for up to 2 software product areas and their respective backlogs.
You will have a 'pioneer' mindset, pushing the boundaries of the existing marketplace, spotting trends before we know they're trends, predicting where the market will be in 2 years' time. Working alongside key customers to uncover what products they want - and balancing that against whether they really need it. Finding the breaking 'stories' in the marketplace and briefing those stories into the development teams to start the product development process.
You'll possess a natural ability to get on with people - coupled with steely business acumen.
This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced startup environment and you will have the opportunity to make a massive difference!Accountabilities of this role
What does success look like?
- Develop powerful and productive relationships with stakeholder customers working closely with the commercial and sales teams.
- Fact-find out in the field, collate stakeholder 'product wishlists' and prioritise the deliverables
- Focus and refine MVP (minimal viable product) development to deliver real measurable value both to the customer and to VoCoVo.
- Engage with industry suppliers and third parties to develop and deliver connected products
- Brief the development teams accurately and effectively so they understand what to build - and why they're building it. Collaborate with them on cost estimates to ensure accurate, cost-effective and transparent budgeting.
- Monitor projected resource effort against actual effort - and tweak processes to keep projects running smoothly through the project lifecycle
- Engage stakeholders with the development process through the project lifecycle. Ensure that significant milestones are monitored and flag any divergence early enough to take evasive action!
- Produce e-learning materials and documentation for internal and external training
Skills and qualifications required
- Released product delivers true, demonstrable value to our customers and to VoCoVo
- Released product is installed quickly into strategic customer environments
- Development projects continuously monitored throughout their lifecycle and delivered on time
- The development team is comprehensively briefed and confident that they understand stakeholder requirements
- Internal teams and stakeholder customers are fully informed of the deliverables and progress of a project at all stages in the lifecycle
- VoCoVo is primed and ready to deliver and support new product by release date.
Nice to have skills and qualifications
- Previous Product Owner experience
- Thorough understanding and first-hand experience of agile work practices and processes
- Friendly and approachable
- A creative problem solver. Not just what...but what if?
- A clear confident communicator with proven organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- An individual who can turn negative feedback into positive possibilities for future growth.
What we can offer you
- Product Owner certification
- Personal career opportunities as we scale
- A dynamic team culture with an employee-wide bonus scheme linked to annual results
- An autonomous role where you are master of your own destiny.
- Home based, within 50 miles of the Head Office in Shipton under Wychwood
- Salary - £48,000 - £52,000
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 Days holiday + bank holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance & Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site company parking
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Training & development