In most years, TransPerfect operates a world-class events program, while that has been side-lined for a while, as things move back in a better direction, we are preparing to bring back our program bigger and better than ever. Each year we host hundreds of client-facing and internal events, each designed to deliver a memorable experience to attendees. We're looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and detail-oriented Event Marketing Executive to lead and support a significant part of our global events program. Every event is a bit different, and the ideal candidate will embrace the various opportunities and outlets for creativity to make attendees say, "Wow!"
· Oversee internal and external events as part of TransPerfect's Global Marketing and Communications team.
· Opportunity to learn directly from experienced event planners - we offer a quick learning curve that will have you personally leading events quickly.
· Utilize our proprietary online event management platform to track processes, costs, and tasks and to provide visibility for Senior Management into our events program.
· Own the budget for your assigned events, maximizing resources to deliver impressive, valuable experiences that remain within budget.
· Manage a portfolio of events, from conception to planning to delivery, and ensure every occasion reflects an impeccable eye for detail.
· Supervise events on-site, making sure they run smoothly, efficiently, and on schedule. Our events are local, regional, national, and international, so you'll get to travel and experience new places regularly.
· Work closely with the TransPerfect sales team, as event marketing is an integral part of our growth strategy, and we want you to drive that growth. Help to determine event KPIs and continuously strive to make each event better than the last.
· Build strong relationships with external stakeholders and suppliers to ensure that all event objectives and deliverables are met.
Skill Set Required:
· Creative vision-we want you to make your mark on the events that you oversee.
· Capable leader and follower-some events you will run on your own or lead a team; for other events you will be on the team following a leader.
· Organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
· Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, with tight deadlines, and in high-stress situations.
· Commitment to timelines, processes, and structure.
· Confident and professional with great social skills-you'll need to work effectively with people both inside and outside of the organization ranging from interns to C-level employees.
· Customer focused (internal and external client service is paramount).
· Be proactive, use initiative, and go the extra mile. Demonstrate an excellence reflex in everything you do.
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
· 1-3 years of proven events experience is essential.
· 20%-30% travel required.
Other Desirable Skills:
-Basic design capabilities (PowerPoint, Canva, etc.).
-Prior work on trade shows or large-scale events/promotional campaigns.
-Brand management/development experience.
-Minimum of bachelor's degree or its equivalent in marketing or related field.