Citymapper helps millions every day by simplifying urban transport and making cities usable
. And in doing so, we've built one of the most loved brands on mobile.
We believe in smart, authentic marketing. Driven by word of mouth, rather than Facebook ads.We're looking for a Copywriter to help us craft content that tells our story across all platforms and builds out our brand and unique voice.
This is an opportunity to be part of a small team reinventing a category, making a difference in the everyday lives of users around the world.In this role you will
- Create authentic and engaging written content around new product launches, feature announcements and wider company narratives through blog posts, social media, email campaigns and website content.
- Work closely with our product teams to turn new features into compelling narratives, making abstract technology relatable for everyone.
- Work closely with our design team to bring your content to life through images/videos.
- Adapt and editorialise content created by other members of our team.
- Build community by actively communicating with our user base through social media and our support channels.
We're hiring for our headquarters on the south bank of the Thames in London, and we are also willing to discuss remote working arrangements.Requirements
- Excellent copywriting skills 2-3+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a startup or product-oriented environment
- A portfolio of work showing your range of written content
- A genuine care for great product experiences, and a deep understanding of our app
- A knack for getting to the heart of complex topics and explaining them simply
- A good sense of when to have fun with copy - and when to be concise
- A talent for managing projects from start to finish, while communicating clearly for others to follow
- A good understanding of the tech sector, current events, and the zeitgeist
- A keen interest in our mission - what we do and what we stand for
- We welcome folks from all walks of life. Journalists, Writers, Comedians, Artists, Marketeers, Numtots,...
- Competitive pay & meaningful equity / stock options
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in)
- Food and drinks, and social events throughout the year
- Citymapper swag
We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).