R1083911 MSK Physiotherapy Case ManagerFull time or part time (part time is 18 hours per week)Salary £34k - £37k FTEFlexible working - hybrid role where the majority shall be worked from home with the occasional visit to Bupa Place, Salford Quays.Closing date - 3rd October 2021
As an MSK Physiotherapy Case Manager, you'll be eager to continue learning and building skills while working with talented colleagues.Role Overview
You shall screen patients for serious and other underlying pathologies and work within the Specialist Patient Support team providing musculoskeletal clinical case management services, dealing with Bupa members and healthcare professionals.
You shall manage complex MSK cases in line with relevant evidence based practice, care pathways, guidelines, protocols and professional codes of conduct.
It is highly important that you are able to communicate effectively and sensitively with a flexible approach and give patients details of their condition, its management and plans of treatment. This may involve explaining the nature of highly complex, chronic or disabling conditions and possible poor outcome and response to treatment, and will need to take into consideration emotional, physical and psychological conditions. What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Independently triage referrals using advanced clinical reasoning, knowledge and expertise directing to the most appropriate service or professional.
- Make clinically reasoned decisions regarding members' pathway of care independently of medical staff.
- Undertake extended MSK assessment of patients with a wide range of MSK conditions, including those who may have complex, acute and chronic presentations
- Identify appropriate cases from reports, triage calls and inter-team referrals within the business.
- Maintain accurate clinical documentation as per HCPC and CSP requirements/ standards.
- Use outcome measures to evaluate member outcomes and facilitate service evaluation.
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered
- Evidence of post graduate study in MSK / Orthopaedic / Pain management.
- Experience of orthopaedic screening and triage services.
- Knowledge of wide range of approaches to the management of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal disorders.
- Experience of working as a band 6/equivalent musculoskeletal physiotherapist (minimum 3 years).
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
At Bupa, you'll have the freedom to develop new lines of care, with the flexibility and development opportunities to push your career further.Why Bupa?
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
These benefits have been carefully crafted to really make a difference to our people's lives, supporting a work-life balance whilst keeping focus on mental and physical well-being:
Diversity and Inclusion
- Payment of professional registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Enhanced pension and life insurance
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- Dental insurance
- Babylon - GP on your mobile
- Emotional wellbeing support
- Access to family mental health line
- Financial wellbeing channels
- Support for carers
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We'll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That's why we're happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you've found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn't where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this MSK Physiotherapy Case Manager role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org