Hey, we're The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We've been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues' to pureplay online retail, but we're not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...The opportunity.
Shaping and defining the Brand strategy and communication plans for Very is a big job. If you love exciting challenges and want to roll up your sleeves and help make Very the most talked about brand in the UK, then this is the job for you.
The role requires a strong strategic thinker with experience in building brilliant brands together with an extensive understanding of paid, owned and earned channels, particularly digital and social. You'll know how to strategically plan to deliver brand growth and short-term trading results in a fast-paced environment all at the same time. You'll hold the pen on the overall Communication plans, and no one can turn high-level strategies into creative briefs like you can. You'll need to be savvy with budget allocation - helping set the budget and make every £ count.
Comfortable in managing multiple stakeholders up to board level, in cross-functional teams and agencies all in the blink of an eye, you'll also lead your small but amazing team (up to 3) and be a key mentor/coach.
Reporting into the Head of Brand & Customer, you'll lead the development of the brand strategy and communication plans, ranging from reinvigorating traditional retail campaigns, supporting our voice in cultural conversation, experiences, and new propositions, or delivering the big bang of the retail Superbowl moment of Christmas.Key Responsibilities.
- Define the customer-centric communication strategy to deliver the business priorities and specifically comms priorities on a quarterly process
- Drives the OneBrief process, defining quarterly themes and priorities to support the comms plan for all marketing activities related to the brand, propositions and trading offers
- Responsible for the development of our Brand identity and consistency
- Responsible for Brand budget setting & management
- Commission customer insight & brand tracking research
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. Therefore, our ideal candidate will have
- At least 8 years' experience in strategic planning, with focus on brand growth
- Strong understanding of media and the roles of channels
- Strong commercial awareness, and a track record of delivering against agreed KPI's.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, confident to lead and influence internally and agency partners
- Experience managing multimillion pound budgets
- Ability to operate and influence at a senior level
How To Apply
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you're a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.