Job Title: ILS ENGINEER
SALARY: 100% negotiable for the right candidate!
BENEFITS: 32 days annual leave, Contributory pension (matched up to 7%), Private medical, paid OT or TOIL over 37.5 hours per week, plus much more.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an ILS engineer to join an expanding ILS function within a Defence SME. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on state of the art, often unique / bespoke customer products, heavily involved in the design, development of products and in-service support activities. This role also requires significant customer and stakeholder engagement.
As the ILS Engineer you will be a key member of the engineering team across two UK sites, providing supportability and support solutions advice and documentation to projects, marketing and development. You will provide accurate, comprehensive and detailed Through-Life support modelling, plans and costs that are critical to winning business, providing confidence to our customers that our products and services are robust, reliable and cost-effective against our competitors. You will provide substantial experience and advice at all stages of the product life-cycle, from design; ensuring that products are designed for supportability; through installation and in-service operations; ensuring availability, reliability and maintainability at the lowest possible cost; to end-of-life and out-of-service disposal in a safe and cost-effective manner. With extensive experience in the Defence and Aerospace industry and exposure to complex, long-term MoD projects and delivery, as ILS Engineer will ensure that the Company remains in the forefront of the UK's Defence Industry capability.
• To design, develop and document ILS solutions for new and existing Projects and Products, Bids & Proposals to the customer including, but not limited to:
• Availability, Maintainability, Reliability (ARM) analysis and modelling (maintenance task and repair analysis, FTA, FMEA, RBD, MTA, Robustness Growth, Packaging, Handling Storage and Transportation (PHS&T) etc.).
• Through-Life Cost modelling.
• Planning and implementation of ILS.
• In-Service Support (ISS) and availability-based ISS planning and execution.
• Contracted Logistic Support (CLS) planning and execution.
• ILS performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
• To define coherent obsolescence management strategies across the company's portfolio of projects and prepare obsolescence management plans
Applicants must be eligible to obtain SC level security clearance due to the nature of this role.
To find out more about this opportunity and the projects you will be responsible for, please contact Andy Pearson - firstname.lastname@example.org