We are looking for an Associate/Associate Director
with significant Temporary Works experience to join our Exeter
engineering design team.
Due to increasing workload with new and existing projects and prospects as well as a growing team, we are looking for an Associate/Associate Director
who will lead and help grow the team. We are looking for someone who can proactively manage requirements, risks and influence others to deliver successfully. The successful individual will be someone who want's to make a difference and be part of an expanding business delivering specialist design solutions for a wide range of infrastructure projects across the UK.
This is a fantastic senior opportunity to join at an exciting stage of expansion.Responsibilities:
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Act as lead for the regional office comprising numerous multidisciplinary design teams.
- Act as a project director, working with project team at a senior level.
- Exercise oversight over regional office providing technical support as required. Review intermediate level (Cat. 1 and 2) design proposals for concept and practicability and approve final result.
- Managing resources effectively and efficiently
- Lead the design process and co-ordinate team members to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme; support those less experienced by technical review, mentoring and advice.
- Share knowledge, best practice and innovation across the business. Carry out annual and periodical career assessment for staff to Principal Engineer grade.
- Participating in tender/bids, business development and opportunities as they arise
- Chartered Engineer, Member of ICE or IStructE.
- Demonstrated expertise of the technical principles underlying Civil Engineering design and practice, particularly Temporary Works.
- Experienced in the application of British and European codes for ultimate limit state and permissible stress design for broadly used materials and processes and good knowledge of others.
- Solid knowledge of the application of UK Health and Safety legislation particularly CDM 2015.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proven analytical approach to problem solving.
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive team leader with proven team management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express ideas and effectively motivate junior colleagues.
- Well organised with an effective problem-solving outlook and ability to prioritise own work and that of junior colleagues.
- Good ability in ensuring teams achieve programme deadlines and use of motivational techniques.
At Richter, we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining the brightest and best, fuelled by a professional environment built on achievement, creativity and career satisfaction.
We find innovative solutions to modern problems. We do what we say we're going to do - and we make a positive impact on our world through constant learning, innovative thinking, and passion for the work. We ensure that we offer personal development to all within our organisation which allows you to progress your career and offer the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field, who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Along with offering a competitive salary, you will become part of a collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment. We welcome and encourage any aspiring engineer who shares our fascination with construction, design and a wonder for how things work, and who looks at the world with curiosity and vision. Our Business
Richter was founded to execute projects as efficiently as possible, to the maximum ethical standard. We deliver engineering works with a deep consideration for every conceivable aspect.
We're continually developing ourselves - as engineers, as a company, and as individuals - to construct in a way that protects natural resources, and create true harmony with the world around us. We're here to inspire our peers in the industry to be bolder and think bigger - and support younger generations to pursue a career in engineering.
Richter is an engineering design consultancy specialising in temporary works design and construction sequences. Our team of civil, structural and geotechnical engineers have a wealth of experience working on buildings, bridges, geotechnical, marine work, refurbishments, railways, infrastructure and demolition. There is no construction challenge we cannot accept.
We have an impressive portfolio of projects, and are known for taking on and delivering the complex projects that others cannot with a company culture that drives forward our success. We are a collaborative organisation that supports each other as individuals and as a firm to deliver the best possible solution to the project, thus maintaining our reputation for innovation and lateral thinking to ensure we provide the most economical and least wasteful solution to engineering schemes.
You cannot build the world without Richter - we build to improve the way we all live. We engineer value, together.
Richter is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.Please apply with your CV
. To all recruitment agencies:
Richter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Richter is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.