Coniq is a dynamic, high growth UK-based SaaS company that provides total customer engagement and loyalty services to many of the world's leading property developers, shopping centers and retailers. Coniq powers well over £1 billion of sales annually for its clients, with more than 20 million consumers shopping at 1,800 brands in 24 countries worldwide, and has offices in Europe, the US and the Middle East.
We are looking for a Database Developer / Data Operations Engineer. The role will be responsible for maintaining, optimising and extending our enterprise MySQL databases, peripheral database systems, and data pipeline operations, to sustain our current operational data needs, and to enable Coniq's continued growth. Coniq leads the world in providing shopper engagement and loyalty solutions for the most advanced retail destinations and we are looking for talented individuals to join us on our journey. This role will report into the Head of Data Operations and is currently remote, however will move to a hybrid of London-based and remote later in 2021.EssentialResponsibilities
- 3+ years' experience in managing a high volume, high performance MySQL database in a multi-tenancy, SaaS environment.
- Highly proficient in creating, optimising and maintaining SQL queries and processes - including triggers and stored procedures.
- Database health and performance is central to your thinking and work - you have knowledge or, ideally experience of, performance tuning, optimising and partitioning data in conjunction with analysing query performance.
- Experience in designing and maintaining processes to replicate data into redundant databases and into read-replica sets - including into different database systems.
- Experience in supporting an application development team to ensure that all data operations are optimal to the needs of the business.
- An awareness of, or ideally experience working with, columnar and non-relational databases
- ETL / ELT experience between tabular databases
- Scripting experience in Python, bash or similar scripting language
- Highly proficient and experienced in SQL - experience of MySQL dialect essential
- Proficient in Python scripting or similar scripting language
- Understanding of Enterprise Queues and pipelines
- A strong understanding of agile methodologies
- Understanding of APIs
- Able to work with stakeholders that are not data experts
- Able to work independently, identifying problems and solutions and planning for future improvement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive problem solver
- Experience maintaining non-relational and columnar databases - Exasol, ElasticSearch, NoSQL
- Performance tuning and data partitioning
- Maintenance and development of multiple MySQL databases
- Ensuring database health and performance
- Creating and optimising queries for data analysis and day-to-day data operations required by Coniq's applications
- Supporting Data Analysts to transform client data requirements into executable queries
- Synchronising data between MySQL and read-only data sources
- Supporting the application development team to build, validate and optimise database interactions
- Maintaining processes to ensure failover and disaster recovery
- Supporting the development team with data operations to facilitate software deployments
- There is the potential to develop into a Database Administrator
We offer a generous package, including
- Competitive salary
- Company stock options
- Company pension scheme
- Employee perks portal inc. healthcare cashback plan
- 25 days holiday plus standard bank holidays
- Birthday off
- A strong company values framework, including paid leave for volunteering with approved charities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training & development allowance
This is a unique opportunity to join a VC-funded high growth SaaS business where we all share a passion to work together to build a great product and a great company. We are proud of our company culture and invest a great deal into making sure that we promote Diversity in the workplace. Together we come from over 20 nationalities and as a tech business, we are very proud of our 50/50 gender split.