Bank Paediatric PhysiotherapistBand 6 or Band 7 equivalent with proven paediatric experience in neurology and neurodevelopmental conditions and/or orthopaedic and MSK conditions Working hours - full-time, part-time and flexible working requests consideredMonday to Friday, option to cover weekend shiftsLocation - Cromwell Hospital, Kensington Rate: £26.55 per hour weekdays and £31.38 weekendsClosing date: Sunday 3rd October Outpatient service - conditions commonly seen include:
Inpatient service - referrals predominantly include
- Babies aged 0-18 months with concerns for example regarding their development, head turning preference, torticollis and plagiocephaly.
- Children with concerns regarding joint hypermobility and musculoskeletal issues/injuries
- Children with motor coordination delays (e.g., DCD).
What will the role as our Bank Paediatric Physiotherapist involve?
- Children and young people (up to 18 years old) pre or post orthopaedic surgery. This may include spinal surgeries and managing the related respiratory requirements.
- Equipment fitting (e.g., crutches and braces).
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.For a confidential chat please email email@example.com where we can answer any questions or, if of interest, arrange an informal site visit. What are we looking for in our Bank Paediatric Physiotherapist?
- Ensure a high standard of service within the Paediatric Physiotherapy Service, which will include a varied caseload in terms of patient age and condition in an inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Use specialist knowledge to screen all new referrals and allocate priority for intervention based on client need.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the client and their relatives/companions as well as several multi-disciplinary teams within the hospital and the community.
- Ensure clear and efficient communication, whether verbal, non-verbal or written, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate comprehension and sharing of information.
- Independently manage and prioritise a caseload, balancing own your clinical and non-clinical workload, demonstrating skills in dealing with complex issues to generate appropriate strategies for caseload management.
- Provide expert intervention demonstrating clinical effectiveness by use of evidence-based practice and outcome measures (e.g., Bayley III, Movement ABC-2), whilst adapting practice to meet individual circumstance and context.
Why Bupa? What's in it for you?
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registration and CSP membership
- Proven up-to-date paediatric knowledge and experience in the assessment, intervention and outcome measures within neurology and neurodevelopment (including typical development of babies and children with understanding of the variations that they can present with) and[SS2] /or orthopaedic and MSK physiotherapy including equipment fitting.
- Experience in paediatric spinal surgery management including respiratory care would be desirable.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
These benefits have been carefully crafted to really make a difference to our people's lives, supporting a work-life balance whilst keeping focus on mental and physical well-being:
Diversity and Inclusion
- Equivalent to 20 days annual leave per year, accrued on a monthly basis based on the number of hours worked each month from commencement of employment.
- Discounted private medical insurance to help you keep fit and healthy
- Various family friendly benefits and discounts online from shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
- Subsidised staff canteen and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Subsidised Gym membership to aid your physical and mental wellbeing
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We'll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That's why we're happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you've found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn't where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in. Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org from within our recruitment team where we can answer any questions or arrange an informal site visit.